Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects tired of winter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Good dump last night. More to come tonight!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Jalopy Joker and Deuces like this.
  2. When you get lemons...

winter snow car 1934 Ford.jpg

Deuces, Lil32, Aaron D. and 4 others like this.
  3. Ziggster

Ziggster

Last Friday/Saturday it was raining heavily which then turned to heavy snow. We lost power for almost two days. Luckily I have a generator, and we heat partially with wood. I couldn't even get down my driveway Sunday morning as all the small trees were bent over. Had to shake all the snow off them first and push them out of the way. Yep, tired already.

Deuces likes this.
  4. eggs standing 044.JPG eggs standing 047.JPG Well Its the Equinox the 21 is the shortest day of the year. they keep getting a bit longer after today. First day of winter. ive cut fire wood every day for the last three days. Today and during the spring equinox you can get a egg to stand on its small end. pictured are a chicken & goose egg. I kinda wonder about the first person who figured that out? eggs standing 044.JPG eggs standing 047.JPG

Elcohaulic, Deuces and bobss396 like this.
  5. Can you send some of that white stuff please? Just had 3 days of 113 F, and my nuts are roasted!

Deuces likes this.
  6. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I'm building a Aurora road race set up... I am having a lot of fun!! My grand sons will love it..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  7. I used to really hate the cold. Now I cant take the heat. I can cut fire wood on the coldest day. Build a fire in the shop and work in there when its cold. In the winter the leaves are gone from the trees . Makes Squirrel hunting easier. The heat I cant even walk out in the sun without the sweat burning my eyes. Ive got to where I don't even bale hay in the summer. I wait until it cools off in September before I make any small square bales. This year September was too hot. I bailed my hay in October. I don't like ice and snow or the short daylight hours.

Deuces likes this.
  8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

The solstice is here in Michigan and it's supposed to be in the mid-40's today and tomorrow. Good for working outside...which I plan on doing after work today. But I sure wish it would freeze.

Deuces likes this.
  9. birdman1

birdman1

Update. Got the junkbird licensed and insured and on the road. Love the sound of that Cleveland and the c4 shifts nice.

Attached Files:

Deuces, blowby, MO_JUNK and 2 others like this.
  10. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

-26C with the windchill right now and only getting colder. Snowing hard and blowing like crazy! Was gonna take the coupe for a cruise today buuuut changed my mind... Forecast for the next week we’re not supposed to get above -20
    IMG_1266.JPG

Deuces, Lil32 and Unique Rustorations like this.
  11. 34Larry

34Larry

Know only to well what you mean. This is the first winter in 11 years that we have stayed here in our place in Washington. We spent the last 11 in Apache Junction Az. but sold because of consistent raises in the HOA fees. Miss the hell out of the sun and warmth but do not miss the politics and monetary cost involved. They are promising snow this afternoon and most of the week. Sun is out now, but the wind is at around 20/25, temp at 30/32. I know that isn't bad for a lot of you, it feels cold to me after Az.

Deuces likes this.
  12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yeah we had a good inch or two of snow around here this morning. Followed by a little rain but sunny now. So cold I had to wear a t-shirt under my flannel shirt plus a light jacket! Brrrrr
    I like th snow as long as it doesn't get all slushy; drivers that think they are either at LeMans or driving a mine field I do not like...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Deuces likes this.
  13. temps here reached 65 degrees and sunny

Deuces likes this.
  14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

-26 C today with a stiff wind adding to the cold.:eek:

Brutally cold makes you want to stay in where it’s warm.

Of course I didn’t, first thing was cleaning the fresh snow off the driveway and sidewalk with my Stihl backpack blower and then a little shopping outing.

Is spring coming soon? :D:D

Deuces likes this.
  15. The planet is going thru a End of an age Magnetic pole Shift. We will have a sort of blending of the Seasons.

Deuces likes this.
  16. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

-32 today with the windchill. Got some sun and blue sky though so that was a good thing. Went up to my Dad’s and plowed out his yard and driveway. Driveway’s a long 300ft steep driveway so between that and a big parking area in the yard it’s too much for the oldtimer when we get the big dumps. He doesn’t like the nasty cold anymore either. Happy to look after him.
    [​IMG]

Deuces, enloe and tb33anda3rd like this.
  17. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

It doesn't look like you're from the Lower Mainland...

Deuces likes this.
  18. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Yup no 1/4” of snow gonna stop us!!

Deuces likes this.
  19. Same here, since my cardiac bypass I have been told to avoid both extremes and the day-time heat, I feel crappy. I'm better suited to battle the cold months. I work my gardens early or late in the day, try to have the vegetable garden ready to go by late April. I barely worked on the Ford last year once it got hot, in 2017 I changed the rear leaf springs and rear, also the front sway bar in March and April. I'm able to work in a 45* garage in a t-shirt, others who stop by are all bundled up.. long underwear too. This past Sunday was 66* by me, cleaned up some of the garage and property, got my Ford turned around in the garage so I can drop the starter out.

Deuces likes this.
  20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

January 14 in Michigan and we have yet to get a good freeze. 46* today but below freezing for the next few days but still not cold.

Deuces likes this.
  21. Deuces

Deuces

Nice track layout!!!!!.... :)

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

-35 C this morning on my way to work.
    They tell us the deep freeze we’re in will end by the start of next week.

Add the wind chill and the number gets really bad.

Before this cold snap ends we could see -40 C without the wind chill factor.

If Alberta winter was like this all the time I’d have to escape :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  23. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

^^^^ I'd love that! But I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.

24. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

Winter completely missed us in the Philadelphia area this year. It doesn't make me mad at all.

Hombre and Chucky like this.
  25. Hombre

Hombre

It's getting close to being done here in Bama, 73 degree's yesterday. Maybe one more cool snap and it's over for awhile.

enloe and Chucky like this.
  26. Same in Connecticut!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

The37Kid, Hombre and Chucky like this.
  27. Shhhh... been warm on the Island too. Today was 70. I've been driving quite a bit all winter.

Chucky, enloe and Hombre like this.
  28. trollst

trollst

Yep, was nice here the last couple weeks, +10 to 15C, today, 0 all day, snow, right now -10 and getting colder. Warm weather can't come fast enough, we heat with wood, gas backup, I normally burn about 2 1/2 cords of wood over the winter, well into three cords this year, gonna have to knock myself out filling the shed this spring. I will say, there's nothing like sitting close to a wood stove when it's cold out, one of the pleasures of winter.

Fitnessguy, raven, Chucky and 2 others like this.
  29. My 'ol gals not as nice as a lot the cars on here so I drive her everyday.

20191104_120336.jpg

30. All I have to say is I wish I would have stayed in Pheonix when I was there in the early 70's!!!!!!

Deuces likes this.