Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LSRU 2020 Still On?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lost in the Fifties, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

Will LSRU 2020 still happen this year? With South by Southwest being cancelled due to Corona Virus, this has been on my mind. Many of us have reservations and long-distance plans. It would be nice to have definite answers.
    I called Austin Chamber of Commerce and they knew nothing. They recommended calling Travis County Expo Center. I was unable to contact anyone there.
    Does anyone know anything?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

Any members of the Kontinentals Car Club have an update?

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As of Sunday, in a face-to-face meeting with the Garage Crawl organizer, that part is still on for Friday.

lothiandon1940 and guthriesmith like this.
  4. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

I saw a story yesterday that the Mayor of Austin has cancelled all Large Gatherings (over 2500 people) until May.

It qould be nice if LSRU folks would give an update.

5. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

As of right now this is all the info we have. The following press release came out this week and it is a little vague on what can and can't happen depending on the specific events and mitigation plans. http://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/large-gatherings-banned-in-austin-through-may-1-city-says/ The rodeo is planning on beginning at the Travis Co Expo Center this week and we are following this closely to see how this is all going to play out. We will keep you posted and appreciate all your support. We are still planning on having the show and hope it will happen the week of April 16-19, but if we have to postpone it due to a city/county directive, we will let you all know as soon as we know. We are already looking into possible alternative dates in case the we have to move the date. just so we know what options we have.

guthriesmith, Tim, teach'm and 8 others like this.
  6. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For those of us coming from down under , we will be closely monitoring event updates.

8. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Both big music festivals in palm desert are trying to get performers to reschedule to Oct. If you guys have to move , that would be convenient To go to roundup & bayou

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just on the local news, both Coachella and Stage Coach events have been postponed until October dates.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. 46stude

46stude

Have a hotel booked, so I'll be watching this thread closely.

11. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Houston rodeo just cancelled.
    As of Friday all travel to the US from Europe will be prohibited, the UK is the only exception. The president also called on local and state leaders to cancel events. The head honcho of CDC stated it will get worse before it gets better.

12. walter

walter

First timer here! Looking forward to the event. None refundable Hotel already booked and registration paid!

13. The Viva Las Vegas show was cancelled. Received my email today. Just wondering about the Roundup.

BigMike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. 46stude

46stude

Just saw they cancelled the Austin Rodeo. Not a good sign for the Roundup, as they're held at the same venue.

HunterYJ likes this.
  15. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Governor will be holding a press conference noon tomorrow. Money says an announcement to limit public gatherings is forthcoming.

16. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

I know zilch about biology but even though a lot of people attend we are scattered about, not side by side like at a concert or sporting event so I would guess the risk is lower.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nixed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Rescheduled to Labor Day weekend 55C5FC98-598A-4851-8C2A-4080A448926E.jpeg D4DF9A74-98DB-48FA-8A13-1DDEC19D939B.jpeg

29EHV8 and HunterYJ like this.
  18. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Same weekend as the Invasion here in Dallas.

19. Wow...really will just be a year of hanging out in the shop and getting stuff done. Actually, I hadn't planned on making this in April this year, but likely can in September and will even have my kids pu project done and on the road for a few months prior. Sounds like a road trip opportunity now.

20. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

We’re very sorry to announce that due to the current and quickly unfolding public health crisis, we are forced to delay the dates for the 19th Annual Lonestar Round Up. We only had one option regarding dates that The Travis County Expo Center could accommodate us that was far enough in the future that we might not have to cancel or reschedule again..........we realize there are some conflicts with some car shows other places scheduled in the U.S. but we did not want to cancel altogether. The press release up above(in blue) from Lonestar Round Up website goes into more detail.
    The new dates for the show will be Labor Day weekend, September 4 & 5th, 2020

Thank you, and stay safe
    - The Kontinentals

29EHV8, HunterYJ, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  21. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

And Greaserama in KC. I understand they had to do what they had to do though

22. 46stude

46stude

How big of a show is the Invasion?

23. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

With the resurgence of the covid virus is the rescheduled roundup still on?

24. belair

belair

props to the Kontinentals for doing all they can to make this happen for all of us. Thanks guys and gals.

25. 40Vert

40Vert