Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Different style wolf whistle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 74bowtie, Mar 10, 2020.

1. 74bowtie

74bowtie

I picked up this wolf whistle not to long ago, Its different than others I have seen. D whistle 1.jpg whistle 2.jpg oes anyone know who made these. I polished it up some and got it working again.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

That may be an old one that connected to a spark plug adaptor. Bob

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

It's cool!

loudbang likes this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

150236.jpg

From the Model T Ford era. Bob

5. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

That’s one I haven’t seen with the flat steel arm and the horn that comes off its cool . The red one is 1960 Jubilee and the others original Wolf 1950s Calls image.jpg

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I don't know much about them except that hearing one initiates the desire to stick it where the sun doesn't shine on the one who blew it. :D

Cosmo50, razoo lew, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  7. 26Troadster

26Troadster

then my train horn would drive you crazy, but it sure get everybody's attention.

8. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

the orig. ones were made by YODER ind. in arkinsaw, was owned by my friend Ed Yoder's uncle . after he died Ed got a few, new in box, i have them on all my cars....

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got one that my dad bought way back when that is going on my 48. The sound they put out is directly related to how well the guy operating them works the cable.

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I wonder how they would sound once they were stuffed up where the sun doesn’t shine. :D
    Would the cable be a factor then ? :D

11. rusty valley

rusty valley

i have several like john posted above, never seen the one the op has. blue one, you shouldnt be such a party pooper, every one likes a wolf whistle! in fact the neighbors kids like em so much they have wrecked two of mine. i have taken them apart and cant figure out what is worn out. they all seem to have about the same play on the fan, but some work and some dont

stillrunners likes this.
  12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

My responses should tell you that no, not everyone likes them. :D

13. rusty valley

rusty valley

i seemed to get that impression! lol

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

This makes twice in the last few days, I think it's that time of the month for Blue One:p

upspirate likes this.
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’m not so old that I’ve lost my sense of humour are you? :D:D

16. 74bowtie

74bowtie

What is the best way to mount a wolf whistle.

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

This is awesome the whole concept of the wolf whistle is to have fun and make people smile and we all are with out the sound of the whistle :D.

18. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I found one I think it was made by a company called Hollywood or something like that it said on the box if I remember right. The one fitting broke when I over tightened and had to adapt a pipe fitting on it cause the horn part had some kind of weird threads on it. Ran it for years and it all had to do with the way you worked the cable as to the sounds you got from it. My kids liked the cow horn I had in my car better especially when I would pass a larger girl on a bike and let it go.

dirty old man and rusty valley like this.
  19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I still have a sense of humor (that's the USA spelling, BTW) about things that are funny.
    But I find nothing funny in a misspelled word, or on anything annoying or funny enough to merit all the comment about the sound of a wolf whistle, which after all is an automobile accessory that's been around almost as long as the automobile that lots of us have owned and used over the years. Not too long ago I was thinking about them and how it might be kinda cool to have one to use arriving or leaving a cruise in. Never tried to find one though, just a passing thought.
    Once more,Blue One I have a lot of respect for your intellect, automotive knowledge, and the quality of your work on your project.
    But I just don,t buy into or find funny belittling other people for spelling errors, or something as pertinent to interesting automotive accessories as a wolf whistle's sound being annoying enough to merit your comments.
    Let's bury the hatchet, OK?:)

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Like I said we’re not all going to see things the same way and we all have different things that irritate us.

And we don’t always agree on humor.

As far as hatchets go I remember a really funny line from a movie about burying the hatchet.

Something like burying the hatchet where he parts his hair. :D

It’s buried.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    dirty old man likes this.
  21. rusty valley

rusty valley

wolf whistles just mount on the 1/8" pipe thread base, screwed into your intake manifold vacuum. i have a theory though that perhaps it would be better to restrict the port a little bit as they seem to spin up to higher rpm than the unit can handle. will try experimenting on my next install.