Register now to get rid of these ads!

pm or conversation

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by silent rick, Mar 6, 2020.

1. silent rick

silent rick

i'm sending a private message with this link in it

https://jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/anybody-have-any-info-on-this-car.1186595/

but after i sent it and i click on it, it doesn't bring up that thread, it brings up the next one, the 1186596.

it's weird, i've sent it three times and each time it brings up a thread titled leaking nwc t5.

but if i copy and paste it in to my browser, it comes up correct. something's wonky.

Stogy likes this.
  2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Stogy likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man is that buggy or what...I just copied as You and Rick did and pasted it in a google search string and the correct Thread showed up...straight copy link and paste...

Some things defy an easy explanation indeed...the pasted address appears exactly the same to the letter and number

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  4. silent rick

silent rick

i know what i did. i had entered the link with the wrong number, realized my mistake and edited it instead of entering it over. evidently you're not allowed to edit it after entering it.

watch this, i'll change the thread number to a bunch of ones. still comes up as that leaky ass T5 thread. so once it's been entered, i guess it memorizes the address and doesn't allow any changes. you have to erase it and enter it over from the beginning.. i never knew that.

https://jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/anybody-have-any-info-on-this-car.1111111/

5. silent rick

silent rick

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do alot of link copying and pasting here and additionally pre test once posting. But you have perhaps uncovered a rule in link editing I don't think I have encountered...I will take note and thanks for sharing Rick...

silent rick likes this.