Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical T5 question

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by NailedElco, Mar 9, 2020.

1. NailedElco

NailedElco

I got s10 tail stuff (or I was told it was) to convert mustang t5 to forward shift. Question is does the mount pad always end up not parallel to ground? Mine leans quite a bit? I dont mind I have to fab x member anyway just want to make sure I got right stuff. Bolts right up overall same length.

Sent from my SM-N950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Phil1934

Phil1934

Camaro T5 had tilted pad but shifter not as far forward as S10. Pic?

3. NailedElco

NailedElco

Not on me but I can get later. Shifter all the way forward on housing through.

4. nobby

nobby

check your speedometer drive position if you have a ford mustang t5, as its further up the output shaft than chevy - camaro or s10 - same

also if you have a mustang t5 - check you 'don't' have the 93 94 sn95 version with the 10.5'' longer input shaft

5. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

You probably have a Camaro/Firebird tailshaft housing. When using an S10 tailshaft housing, when the bellhousing mounting ears of the main case are parallel to the ground the rear mount on the tailshaft housing will also be parallel to the ground. That should not change when you swap the tailshaft housing to a Mustang main case.

6. NailedElco

NailedElco

Thanks for the input guys here is what I know for sure. Its absolutely a 92 mustang t5 with the bell. (Maybe that's the issue?) 93 s10 tail (or I was told) looks to be. But it sits low on left. I dont think it will be an issue I can always build x member to compensate. I shouldn't have oiling issues because it seems to be exterior issue. Can't post pics off my phone. If I get time I'll post pics from computer.

7. Professor Fate.

Professor Fate.

The tilt in the Camaro T5 was built into the bellhousing, not the transmission.

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

When the Camaro trans is bolted to a conventional Chevy bell housing which sets the trans straight the trans mount will be at about a fifteen degree angle.

9. Professor Fate.

Professor Fate.

That is true. The S10 pad angle should be straight when installed on any T5.

10. Nova Thug

Nova Thug
    from SG Vizzle

A42D0B09-1B4F-4B1D-B5C3-CD790FC03D5D.jpeg 1E57E0A7-F9D1-4B4E-850E-CE38CF205F6E.png Camaro and Mustang T5 bell housings both rotate the transmission gear box towards the driver side bringing the shifter closer to the driver. Both have the shift tower positioned towards the rear. Both tail shaft housings have a corresponding angle where the trans mount is located.

S10 T5 applications sit up straight at 12:00 with a forward mounted shift tower.

11. primopro

primopro
    from Corona, CA

IMG_0934.JPG
    85-86 mech speedo non WC. If it helps

Habitually procrastinating

Nova Thug likes this.