Register now to get rid of these ads!

turbocharging chevy 235

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by suedenchrome, Mar 10, 2008.

1. fordbum46

fordbum46
    from Arizona

Very interesting. I'm trying the same on a big block ford 6. Any info would be appreciated. If you could send any pics or info to [email protected]. I'll will be thankful
    Fordbum46

2. nexxussian

nexxussian

Fordbum 46, you might have better luck with Fordsix.com or Inliners.org.

Not saying there aren't people on this forum smart enough (there most certainly are) just that you might find the specific info you are looking for on those forums sooner.

Good luck.

3. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

raising the dead .just wondering if anyone did the 235 turbo ,and was it worth the trouble??

4. badvolvo

badvolvo

I am interested as well. I can tell you it can be well worth the trouble. I ran turbo 6 bangers back in the 80's without electronics. Depending on how off topic you want to go, technology today makes the turbos an awesome choice. Just traded in my twin hair drier ford, missing those spinners already.

5. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

so no one out there who has tried this lately .seems like used turbos should be a giveaway in this day and age . should I start a new thread ?

6. realsteeler

realsteeler

Here's mine. T3 dedicated propane. Blow thru Impco 225 . Self made manifolds. Still under construction so no idea how it will run. Just wanted to be different...…...

Attached Files:

7. raven

raven

Man, I like that idea.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

that's what im talking about . looks simple ! but how much work to make it look like it came that way . how long till you can have driving impressions??

9. realsteeler

realsteeler

It was a ton of work to make those manifolds. The collector on top of the carb is two small frypans welded rim to rim. The wastegate has a self made adjuster so I can regulate the boost to about 5psi, maybe? Am now working on the intake and air filter. There is not a lot of room so it will have to be built into the inner guard and take cold air from behind the grille. Driving it is a way out yet.

Hnstray likes this.
  10. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

looks grt so far .