Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Looking for Cars in Charlotte, NC! The Congregation Vintage Car & Bike show.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kid Rocker, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Kid Rocker

Kid Rocker

We are currently planning the fourth annual, 'Congregation' vintage car & bike show that will take place on Saturday April 18th, in Charlotte, NC. The location for the show is the original Henry Ford Model T factory and is an incredible space with lots of cool history. We are looking for car submissions for this years show! I con20_flyer_crop_f1.JPG f you own a Hot Rod or Custom or Gasser or Dragster, and would like to submit it for this years show, please click the link: http://www.thecongregationshow.com

2. The Congregation is a hell of a good show. I was in the first one with my roadster, might want to try and bring my 39 this time. Camp North end is a really cool place too.

20170527_113405.jpg 20170527_103524.jpg

3. Kid Rocker

Kid Rocker

Thanks for posting the pics!! Yes...bring the '39 this year!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Bringing this back up, coming up on the 18th of April. Really great show!

5. frank spittle

frank spittle

A really unusual show I thoroughly enjoyed last year. The building alone is worth the price of admission.

6. @Kid Rocker just did my forms on line. Hope to see you again man!!

7. frank spittle

frank spittle

The Charlotte Ford plant has been very special to car enthusiast around the world. Model T's were produced there from 1924 to the end of the Model T production in 1927. Then all four years of the Model A (1928-1931) production followed and nearly six thousand 1932s were built there before the depression finally caught up with Henry and it closed. Nearly a QUARTER MILLION Fords were built there. It is likely many of the cars built there are still being driven on the streets of Charlotte and surrounding cities by antique car enthusiasts.
    I have lived in the area all my life and no doubt owned one or possibly more in the nearly 60 years of enjoying "old cars", after being issued my first drivers license at age 16 in 1960. I remember comments of "it was built here" at some of the shows I have attended in Charlotte over the last 6 decades. Wouldn't it be great if a documented car built there was found and displayed?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  8. Got a couple more guys to go sign up. Check it out. Killer show not to be missed.

9. Kid Rocker

Kid Rocker

Thanks so much!

10. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Is this show still a go?

IMG_1402.JPG

lothiandon1940 and jim snow like this.
  11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

12. chopped

chopped

Four months ago?

13. Last I head it was being rescheduled to October I believe.

14. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Thanks, Nailhead. There weren't a lot of Hot Rods the time I went. Great venue. Great show for the young that sleep in late & stay up late!

15. This came out a week or so ago. This years Congregation show is cancelled due to the Covid. It is an indoor show so I’m not terribly surprised. Word is it will be back next April. Took this from their Instagram page.
    AA7F80E7-3DBD-483B-B418-B80FEE137E1E.jpeg

16. Yet another event lost to the pandemic. Sucks! Thanks for the heads-up, Jason.