Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1929 Model A truck project SOLD!

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by bondojunkie, Feb 23, 2020.

1. City: spring hill

State: Florida
    Price: $4500
    1929 model A truck, “some assembly required”. It’s a big project but there is a lot to start with.And it has a clear Florida title in my name. Below is a short description. There are other parts not listed that will go with it. Asking $4500 or trade. Always interested in old cars, (50's cars for sure) but would also consider something newer that could be used as a daily driver; especially a truck. you can message me through the HAMB and I will be happy to answer any questions.
    Roger.

The Chassis- the frame is in good shape, I’ve cleaned and painted it. It’s all stock, it still has the mechanical brakes but I have started collecting the parts to convert it to hydraulics (F1 for the front and 40 Ford for rear). The rear end has new bearings and seals. 16” wire wheels have been powder coated. Tires are old but in relatively good shape; I think they spent a lot of years in storage.

The engine- It runs,I don’t really know much about it. Other than the higher compression head it looks to be stock. Never had it apart so I don’t know if it’s ever been rebuilt. It has a new 12 volt alternator. Not sure of the condition of the transmission. New exhaust .

The Body- it’s not a true truck cab. It’s the back half of a cab, the cowl and doors are from a car. The doors and cowl are in great shape, the back half is a little rough but totally usable. It is all just tack welded together and the doors don’t shut right. You will have to cut it back apart and do it right. The bed is brand new and was built by a local guy; I have a brand new tailgate and hinges to go with it. I have a decent grill shell and a louvered hood and headlights with a bar. The picture of it assembled is sitting on a different chassis, that is not the chassis that goes with it).

Attached Files:

2. Someone asked about the "other" parts that come with it. I haven't had time to snap any pics but here are the highlights. A collection of fenders that I was going to repair, a pretty decent set of running boards and splash aprons, the original bed in very rough shape, an extra set of real truck doors that someone had attempted to start patching, some new stamped steel floorboard pieces,a visor, and a crate full of small parts (new hardware, etc.). Probably more than that, I have stuff squirreled away all over.

3. Looking for a daily driver HAMB friendly or not; Now is you chance to become a HAMB legend by being "The guy that traded a Kia for a Model A". ;)

4. If you're going to be quarantined for 2 weeks you may as well have a new project to wrench on. $4200 ?

flyin-t likes this.

5. drove the chassis around the yard the other day, so I know at least 1st and reverse work. trades???

6. bumping this up for the holiday weekend. $4000, BO, Trades?

7. Traded to fellow HAMBer. Thanks.