Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Rare car in daylight after being in garage since 1968

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, Mar 3, 2020.

1. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]
    Torch the front springs, some lowering blocks, teardrop skirts and Sombrero caps...screw the restorers...it's Leadsled time:D

winduptoy, Sandgroper, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  2. More stuff:

Attached Files:

3. So much stuff:

Attached Files:

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Wow, cars airplanes, all kinds of cool stuff!!!! Blue fuselage looks like a Waco? Travel Air? More please! Lippy:cool:

DFH-GMC likes this.
  5. What's that behind the sheet metal shear?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. VonDutch51

VonDutch51
    from Virginia

I love posts like this! Thank you for sharing it.

Deuces, cfmvw, The37Kid and 3 others like this.
  7. Looks like it could be a Travel Air biplane.

Attached Files:

catdad49, Deuces and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. This is what's behind the shear:

Attached Files:

9. And behind the Model A, that's a '48 Merc convertible. It previously belonged to my uncle Cleve (short for Cleveland).

10. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Holy crap! There are plenty of goodies in that barn. Nice

Deuces likes this.
  11. We dug out a '36 frame. Most of the rest of the '36 parts were there, according to my brother.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    catdad49 and Deuces like this.
  12. Old Miller TIG and MIG welders, Hobart gen-welder, a few old brake machines, oxy-acetylene rig, shear, slip roll parts, beader, vertical mill, bench lathe, turret punch, old tire machine, spot welder, valve grinder, table saw, horizontal band saw, vertical band saw, air compressors, paint oven, armature winder, surface grinder, sander, bench grinders, parts washer, drill press, English wheel, ...

catdad49, stanlow69, egads and 3 others like this.
  13. prpmmp

prpmmp

OLDSMAN drop the Mic!!! Nothing else to say!!! +++ Pete

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Hnstray, Deuces and hotrodjack33 like this.
  14. Agree about that.....if it ain't a 1932 most believe it ain't nothin'......

jnaki, Deuces, hotrodjack33 and 5 others like this.
  15. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The photo of the blue fuselage aircraft, isn't the same one in the early photo, the exhaust stacks are different. Plus the description of the yellow aircraft is possibly wrong as well. The one hanging is an Aeronca model K, they had a 2 cylinder engine. You can tell by the exhaust stacks. Dont be fooled by the black lightening bolt which isnt the style of piper lightening bolt. The door is aeronca and the tail is aeronca. The blue fuselage is either a Waco or possibly a travel air, but its rare to see a Hisso powered travel air, most travel airs had continental 220 radials. It appears to me that the photo provided is taken in a museum.

catdad49, Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. I searched Travel Air and there were several blue ones that looked like they may have a similar cowl.

That Aerknocker is cool. There was a two-cylinder aircraft engine (that looked to be a) ground power unit there.

Deuces likes this.
  17. I saved the best car for last, but this is the only picture I have of it. What do you think it is?

Attached Files:

catdad49, Sandgroper, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  18. Lil'Alb

Lil'Alb
    from brier, wa

39 LZ sedan delivery:)

Deuces and ClarkH like this.
  19. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

'46- 48 Merc under the plastic

Deuces likes this.
  20. Yes, a '39 Lincoln Zephyr three-window coupe.

Deuces and kidcampbell71 like this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

I see this thread got "Featured" so glad the self-anointed HAMB Police didn't shut it down, so much great stuff, thanks so much for letting us see it.

Bob

22. Dang....Like finding a lost world

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Wow what treasure trove! Would love to spend an hour walking through there.
    With all that tooling, I take it the owner did most/all of his own work?

Deuces likes this.
  24. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

love to get my hands on those 34 wheels with the old Allstate tires.

Deuces likes this.
  25. Those were bought by one of the hot rodders. I believe one of them lived very close and saw the action. He likes the '36. They helped identify stuff, helped with the Packard, and hung out quite a bit for the past month or so of weekends. At least one of them is a HAMBer. He got the old brake machines. The '34 wheels might be up for resale.

catdad49 and Deuces like this.
  26. I wish we could have had more HAMBers over, but it was overwhelming as it was.

He had a Mechanical Engineering degree, Airframe & Powerplant mechanic certificate, and was an Industrial Arts instructor. He had access to college shops, and got some of the machinery from colleges. He had a private pilot license, restored and flew the Ercoupe.

He went to New York (to Rollson, I assume) to get drawings and stuff for the Packard.

This was his hobby and passion. He was pretty much a purist.

catdad49, stanlow69, egads and 3 others like this.
  27. You're welcome, Bob.

Thank you for featuring this thread, HAMB.

Those two were just trying to protect the HAMB.

28. v8flat44

v8flat44

W O W.......thanks for sharing...what a trove !!!! Litterally everything from "A" to "Z".
    I love anything about Packards. Dad drove them, his last one was a 56 Carribean, then he switched to Lincoln in 1958.

Hnstray likes this.
  29. Boden

Boden

My great uncle has a j-4 such a fun plane

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

30. My brother got the Zephyr, Merc, '36, and some machinery. He already had more than enough projects. He said it'd be fun to get the '36 going more or less as is, first. I hope he does and that I can help. I think I'd put juice brakes on it.

My Dad got the Model A. I'll probably end up with it. I woke up this morning thinking I'd make it into a gow job, if I do. I'd probably convert it to run on propane, maybe chop a windshield and convertible top, rake the suspension, and paint the body Indian Motocycle or Ford maroon (if I ever repainted it).