Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So have you ever heard a voice in your hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikec4193, Sep 15, 2019.

1. I guess it's just human nature but making light of someone else's experience certainly does not explain away the phenomena that they themselves have been witness to. There are many things in the universe around us that we do not understand. And by the way, what could be more traditional than a haunted antique automobile?

Deuces, A 2 B, Jet96 and 2 others like this.
  2. -Brent-

-Brent-

I have heard voices... they usually knock gently and ask,"is everything okay in here?"

Not all that common anymore, I have calmed down.

Deuces likes this.
  3. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Anyone else every hear that story about Bobby Isaac at Talladega? Story goes that as he was leading the race on August 12, 1973 when he suddenly told his owner to get a back up driver ready, he had heard a voice in the car telling him he needed to get out immediately or else something terrible would happen to him. He pulled into the pits, got out and retired on the spot. (he did eventually return to race a handful more times) Always found that story spooky as hell!

4. BJR

BJR

Yea I heard a voice, it was my ex wife bitching.

Deuces likes this.
  5. I kept seeing a small red light in the next room while watching TV. No matter how long I stared in that direction it would not appear. Look away and wham, back again. Turned out it was the damned dog. He got a hold of one of my lasers and was paying me back for the ball on a string gag.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    SS327, Deuces, Jet96 and 1 other person like this.
  6. No. The duct tape usually solves that, although there is the occasional thumping sound coming from the trunk. :D

SS327 and Deuces like this.
  7. A 2 B

A 2 B
    from SW Ontario

There was no intention to make light of your or any ones personal experiences. I agree that there is more that we don't understand about this life then we do understand and have no reason to doubt. All I can say is; no it hasn't happened to me.
    I don't have a PHD in philosophy but think it is only human nature to joke about things we don't understand. Apologies for any insensitive remarks.

Deuces, Mopar Tony and Nicholas Coe like this.
  8. No offence taken. I agree, there's just a lot we don't understand.

Deuces likes this.
  9. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Eerily, even after five months, this thread will not die.

10. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Mine says “ feed me money”

Deuces likes this.
  11. I had the old Jalopy shipped over to the roll cage builders house in October of 2019...I didn't have the heart to tell him the old heap might have a presence in it...maybe when I get the call from him and it is done I can ask him if he heard or saw anything...it will be neat to hear what he says...
    MikeC

Deuces and p1yotaboy like this.
  12. p1yotaboy

p1yotaboy

I had an ot truck that I swear was cursed or maybe it was just me being a teenager and the combination of it being an old truck that I beat the hell out of. Anyway it seemed to have never ending bad luck from normal stuff to off the wall things that seemed to happen constantly. It got to where it was joked between me and my buddies that it was cursed. This truck met the end of its road life and turned into a crawler rig due to a freak accident and a few of the not needed parts found there way onto other trucks. I know of 2 trucks that were totaled shortly after a part of that truck was added on. I had another of the same generation trucks that turned into a daily driver after this one was retired and put the grill from my old truck in it. I swear it seemed like afterwards that truck started having issues. I ended up taking the grill back out. Lol I still have the cursed truck but it just sits beside an old barn at my dads is in pieces after I got out of the trail rigs. Aside from that the only other thing I’ve experienced was just gut feelings about taking other routes to or from where ever I was going.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuces likes this.
  13. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

My dad rented an old 1870’s farm house when I was a kid. I had seen a dark figure moving from the dining room to the kitchen a couple of times and it creeped me out. But figured I was just seeing something that wasn’t there.
    Until one night my 5yo sister was screaming in the middle of the night. My stepmom went into her room and she was pinned to her bed without anything there. She tried to pull my sister off the bed but couldn’t move her. Until finally whatever was holding her there let go. My sister said she felt something screaming at her but she couldn’t hear it.

My dad told the owners what happened. He never told us what the owners told him. But shortly after, they burned that old house down and put a manufactured home there to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Mopar Tony, Nicholas Coe and Deuces like this.
  14. Deuces

Deuces

Love that song!....:D

15. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Years ago my '55 Locomobile broke down in the middle of the night so I had to walk back home. But I never made it because I was abducted by a mysterious alien ship, taken aboard and probed.
    It was kind of unpleasant but kind of pleasurable too.

16. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

So my thread on reduced car show attendance due to the corona virus outbreak was deleted for being "OT", but a thread on voices heard in cars, that's cool, eh? Ooookkaaaaayyyyyyy...... :D :D

seb fontana likes this.
  17. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

Blue One likes this.
  18. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

This one has "Hot Rod" in the title.

Mopar Tony likes this.
  19. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

You think this was done after he passed?

20. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Not at all, but it was strange in so many ways…

Mopar Tony likes this.
  21. deucemac

deucemac

Yes, a couple of times. The voice was saying, "Do you really have to go this *&$##$÷% FAST!"

22. I've never heard a voice, but every once in a while when I am driving my '51, I get a strong reminder of a conversation my late brother (and best friend) and I had when I was taking him to a doctor's appointment. It was very close brother-to-brother talk that almost brings a tear to my eye when I think about it. I really appreciated the openness and warmth, and it's one of my favorite memories of him. RIP, Bro.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  23. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine usually says 'I told you not to do that'
    Tell Keith howdy

24. I was working away on this ole heap the other day...grinding away and I stopped grinding and I hear as clear as day..."Hey this is Judy"...so the ole car is gonna be known to me as Judy... 20220918_120613.jpg

Mopar Tony and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  25. indyjps

indyjps

First house I bought, lived there by myself, hardwood floors
    I'd hear footsteps or "shuffling" it was more than old wood popping sounds due to the length of the noise.
    Would also hear muffled voices, like overhearing a conversation a few rooms away, couldn't understand it.
    I would say out loud. "I can't understand you, I cant help you." The noises stopped over time.

Never felt creepy, it was just there.

I've walked into old houses or buildings and gotten a very distinct feel, there's something there, but cant describe it more than that. And never heard any other sounds or anything except that first house I had.

I have no interest in "exploring" this or why I get a strange reaction to some locations.

26. jaracer

jaracer

I've heard the voice of Firestone in my race car.

27. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I used to take the Galaxie to a show in Vallejo, and they had me bring it uncorked, with the old 70's Blue Streak slicks on it (avatar pic). I would light it up and chug around the grounds once in a while, and saw a little crowd oohing and awwing under the hood of an Impala, so I couldn't resist, pulled up beside it, held the brake and let it chug for a minute. Hood quickly came down, and then I heard it- that 327 was quietly sobbing to its' owner... :oops:

28. Paul Ashley

Paul Ashley
    from West GA