Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod headlight lens ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bartmcneill, Feb 28, 2020.

1. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

Any guesses on what these fit? Bought them at a swap meet at OKC fairgrounds today. I think the upper left is a repop 32 Ford says Ford Two Lite Head Lamp on it. I think the bottom left is an original 32 Ford lens, says 9 9/32X 8 5/8 at top. The others..... I don't know. Round ones on right say Tilt Ray at bottom. Top center says Corcoran Brown Cincinati at bottom, Bottom center says BI RAY Headlamp. Just something fun to do and will help me greatly.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

The guide ones on the right are probably 30s GM, the pattern looks like '37 Chevy ones I have, but the 37 ones have different cut outs around the edge, here's a '36 Chevy that looks more like yours around the edge, but the pattern seems different ?
    [​IMG]

37 that seems to match the pattern better, notice the lugs on the edges though
    [​IMG]
    Pic borrowed from an ebay ad, bigger version & some close ups here: https://imgur.com/a/T9Cquuf

I don't know if guide made stuff for non GM marques ?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  3. Top row in the middle looks like 1939 Nash-Lafayette :cool::cool:. Underneath looks like about 1939 Lincoln. ( and thats not a custom front on the Nash, thats factory original )
    1939Nash-LaFayette.jpg
    1939-lafayette-2.jpg

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. Top left is 1933-1934 Ford, passenger and commercial.

bartmcneill likes this.

5. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

look at the flat edge that would press against the gasket,there should be some numbers there,something like 920321 or something like that,google the numbers,it will tell you what they are,at least on the GM ones.

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

Thanks guys, all I need now is the oval looking one bottom center.

7. Looks a lot like 1939 Dodge to me. 1939 Dodge red.jpg

34 GAZ likes this.
  8. Top center may be for a 1939 DeSoto.... 1939 Desoto 6.jpg

34 GAZ likes this.
  9. 1939Nash-LaFayette.jpg 1939 Desoto 6.jpg all lenses.jpg Midnight here, nothing better to do. Think i,ll hit the sack.