Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 420 images from day one at the 2020 Detroit Autorama/Autorama Extreme

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by funman1712, Feb 28, 2020.

1. funman1712

funman1712
    from michigan

AndersF, Deuces, bwj and 4 others like this.
  2. wvenfield

wvenfield

So many great looking cars with such ugly ass wheels.

Al Consoli, r2c1 and bwj like this.
  3. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Ugly wheels, ugly ass cars......

4. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Thanks for posting all those pictures!! Another great looking show and great looking cars. Have been going to the Detroit Autorama for many years now, but it looks like we are going to miss this year's show. Blizzard conditions here in Southern Ontario!!! Again thanks for taking the time and effort to post all of those pictures on here. Very much appreciated!!

Deuces likes this.

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the effort of posting , great coverage.
    Some guys have an endless budget ,but zero taste in wheels. EECCH.

6. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

Great pics, thank you. Is it just my old eyes, or did anyone else think the photos were so dark that a lot of detail was missed?

7. Muttley

Muttley

DSC_0597-vi.jpg

You can have any color under the rainbow and you choose 'I ate Taco Bell and shit myself brown'.

fail.jpg

8. v8flat44

v8flat44

Thanks for the pics !! Oh and i'll take the Mill out of the Taco Bell ...Hot rod.........well , you know....

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Thank you. :)

Deuces likes this.
  10. walter

walter

Thanks for pictures!

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

12. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

Thanks for the pics OP.

Yes, many are a stop or two under exposed.
    Believe it or not, despite all of those lights these halls can be a tough place to take good photos, the high contrast of a bright hall but a dark object (the car) in the foreground confuses cameras that are designed to try and balance the exposure triangle. The fact the flash fired on lots of these only made things worse. Better to go manual and run an unbalanced triangle (in this case, high ISO). It all takes effort and fiddling around so you of have to decide to concentrate on taking photos or just take photos casually and enjoy the show, I don't blame OP for not being "that guy" who takes lots of time taking photos.

TL;DR your eyes are much smarter at dealing with light conditions than the average camera.

13. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Thanks for posting.

pprather likes this.
  14. funman1712

funman1712
    from michigan

*****************'
    Yes, the ideal would be to shoot without a flash and with a tripod. Unfortunately that is totally out of the question during times when the public is at the show. Given the amount of visitors to my Fotki site event coverage, maybe someday the show organizers will decide to let me in before the public so I can do really good photography. In the meantime, I'll have to get by with shooting with my Nikon camera and flash set on the auto exposure and high-res. .jpg settings. Hope that is not too much of a disappointment for most of you. Nonetheless, thanks for the comments and observations. TIM

kabinenroller likes this.
  15. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Lot of effort to take all the pix, much less posting them all! Thank You.

loudbang likes this.