Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 2/28/20 >>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Feb 27, 2020.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

2. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cruised thru Bisbee. Nice place. Really nice weather. Took some home. A484CB22-CE2A-4082-B284-FBC8215E988C.jpeg 2D342505-5738-4C75-BBE2-E890FC9E4302.jpeg

rust&patina, BigO, Jokem59 and 27 others like this.

4. Stuff.

Everyone have a great weekend!

"Rocket Gasser"

Rocket_Gasser_01.jpg

older stuffs

29_Chop_Job_Flamed.jpeg Beachin'_Delivery_01a.png

5. Frogz

Frogz

6. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. wicarnut

wicarnut

A Painting done by Stan Lobitz of Tommy Hinnershitz in his Gorgeous #4 Offy!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Smitty37G6.jpg

Smitty2.JPG

:rolleyes:... @sloppy jalopies has a Sportster project on the go and this man can look at your vintage sheet-metal car parts and know where it fits the Contour of a Model A...

It is at that stage where the Vision has a finish line as a Huge portion of the metalwork has been completed and he was wondering what a 37 Truck Grille might look like grafted into the Situation...Well it's 'Not Done Yet' but here's one for Dreaming and Inspiration Sloppy...;)

Check out Sloppy's adventure in 'A' Bone Land at the link below...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...d-cockpit-tilted-post-cowl-door-caps.1089821/

Happy Friday Hambers...Art, Art, Art....Eh...;)

Credit to All That Inspired this

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...The Paint is still wet @themoose...Very Nice...always admire your hand at Artistic Hotrod/Custom...;)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    40two likes this.
  10. Luke S.

Luke S.
    from Ocala, Fl.

Acrylics on canvas. At it's new home in Lafayette, Louisiana. 0122201913.jpeg 0131200959a_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my VS996 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. A set of custom bead rolled Model A door panels that I made last weekend. Enjoy the show! Instagram @hoboshotrods

8989AFBA-CC24-4B79-B3BA-8AF406A65F82.jpeg

78013904-8E4B-43C1-AE32-58F384893F3F.jpeg

12. wicarnut

wicarnut

Britt Madding Artwork[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. This is Awesome ^^^^^

40two and wicarnut like this.
  14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-2-28_4-37-9.png
    Hello,

BY 1964-65, my brother and I had gotten together many times before he went off to college. Our drag racing days were coming to a close and he was entrenched in his college studies in L.A. So, from our respective college living quarters, our conversations were done on paper…a letter… remember those? When both of us got home from college at the same time, those late night, reminiscent subjects, and memories/thoughts came to the forefront. We still read Drag News and sometime Hot Rod Magazine. (during recovery, my brother was a fictional character that wrote to Drag News about all things racing…)

But, our attendance at Lions was down to nil and I actually went to two Saturday night events at Fremont Dragstrip in Northern California. (a 17 mile drive to the dragstrip via a freeway from my college in San Jose.) I needed something to get the home sickness blues down. The drag races helped, as well as those great Santa Cruz, Pleasure Point waves.

One topic of our conversations was always our hot rod builds. After the tragic 1940 671 Willys Coupe, our thoughts were still on us building some other race car. Thoughts went from street legal cars to altered coupes/sedans. He even thought he might want to dabble in a FED. (an FED? Our parents would have had a giant episode of the “FITS”…) So, to look into the future with some appeasement of parents, we stuck to gas coupes and maybe an altered.

Back then, if the legal set back was 10% for street legal Gas Coupes/Sedans, a 25% set back was appropriate for the Altered Classes. But, if any street legal gas coupe/sedan did something to not make it street legal, then those race cars got plopped into the altered classes. This was not that bad as the times were pretty much the same. (remember, this was pre-fuel altered roadsters being called “Altereds.”) So, many times we would see a street coupe racing in the altered class because they did something that made them non-street legal. (No mufflers, missing license plate, non working headlights/brake lights, etc.)

Jnaki

My brother’s first choice was to go up a class or two in the street legal Gas Coupe/Sedan Class. From our 671 SBC Willys Coupe to the A/Gas Supercharged Class. By this time, the A/Gas class was almost as popular as the top eliminator FED race cars. Those gas coupes still made spectators envision driving those modified hot rods on the street, 671 hemi motors and all.

So, both of us started drawing what we thought we would like to build. A Model A Coupe, a Willys Pick up, and Model A Roadster Pick Up were some drawings that popped up now and again. Now, the favorite SBC motor would be substituted with a big block Chevy motor 396/427. The A/Gas Class was almost limitless. So, the 1940 Willys pick up with a 671 427 Chevy motor would power the pick up truck for our finished version. The roadster pick up was next on our list.

We had the build experience, now it was the effort behind the future build, that we had to get over. Besides, finishing college with its expenses, the hot rod build would have put us in a deep financial dark hole. Satisfaction, yes, but being in a deep dark hole is not conducive for a happy life.

The new shapes, pattern sheet, a new curvy pattern sheet, a circle sheet and different pencils as well as my limited computer skills now make drawing a little easier. Now the supposed, future Willys pickup looks a little better and somewhat detailed. The only problem we never discussed was if we big teenagers would have fit in the “smallish” truck cab, without modifications.
    upload_2020-2-28_4-37-58.png An extended cab? Maybe?

16. Great picture. Many times in the day we did things like that a lot. Only difference was, most of us were Chevy guys.
    Later,
    Dick

17. robber

robber

..."silver ship"... :)
    cp 989.JPG

18. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

Cropped photo from pg.164
    "What did you do today?" Screenshot_2020-02-27-16-47-55.png

19. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I know youll say " but were outside" But USE PPE!!!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

21. HAMB-8-HAS-2.jpg HAMB-9-HAS-2.jpg Some more of my old stuff. Some of these were just rough pencil sketches and were never finished. I’m loving the Friday art show, keep ‘em coming!

HAMB-6-HAS-2.jpg HAMB-7-HAS-2.jpg

22. Had some rusty gold laying around the shop. Just snapped a picture.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

rust&patina, BigO, themoose and 24 others like this.
  23. sololobo

sololobo

Great show gang, love Ervin's old Olds gasser. Those bead rolled Model A door panels are absolutely fabulous, his work is the bomb. Everyones' contribution is first class and appreciated. My fix is satisfied, Thanx again-

themoose, robber, Animal and 4 others like this.
  24. ...nice show, some odds n ends... woodart 2020 088.jpg woodart 2020 089.jpg woodart 2020 091.jpg woodart 2020 092.jpg woodart 2020 090.jpg

25. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20 years ago, I shot the original slide of " David Galossa's " old Chevy truck. He was a well known artist and sculptor here in Seattle, sadly he drowned in a boating accident. As a tribute to him, I drew the truck with pen and ink and then had the artwork digitized and turned into embroidery, one for a Carhart jacket for me and one for a canvas bag that I hand painted in the colors with Jacquard fabric paint. The truck originally was all brown primer. I opted to give it some wild colors. I gave the original artwork and canvas bag to his wife.

PACASSA truck (2).jpg PACASSA TRUCK EMBROIDRY ON CARHART JACKET.jpg pacassa truck bag.JPG

26. I know I need to create something new besides empty beer bottles.:oops: Here is an old one.:( Coleman R&R 017.JPG

rust&patina, biggeorge, BigO and 21 others like this.
  27. Another sign I did. IMG_2040.JPG

rust&patina, biggeorge, BigO and 22 others like this.