Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Member 1939 Ford truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by westree, Feb 26, 2020.

1. westree

westree

Hello all,

I have really enjoyed scrolling through this message board as I begin my 1939 Ford truck build.
    I have learned a lot already and I am starting to put some pieces together. I will post some pics soon but I am really in the collection stage. I started with a cab and a frame. I now have some of my suspension parts together. I ordered the rear leaf spring mounting hardware from Chassis Eng. as I had rear leaf springs that I thought would fit. They don't. I am now on the lookout for a set.

First question: Other than a late 60's Dodge, are there any other vehicles that have the 48" leaf springs that are required for the CE kit?

Any help would be very much appreciated. I am in Canada and to order a set from CE is way too much. Hoping to be able to scavenge as much as possible. Build on a budget.

Spring is coming to Winnipeg and dreams of a summer ride with my dads matching 40 coupe are keeping me up!

Peace.

Wes

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

good luck getting info & parts 20200226_084705.jpg 20200226_085207.jpg

3. A good size city should have a spring shop that can make up anything you want.Tell them the spring eye size,length,and width,and they will build what you want.

4. On my '38 (pretty much the same animal), I used the rear springs, hangers, and shackles off an '80 Isuzu pickup to hang a '74 Camaro 10 bolt rear. I'm pretty sure Chassis Engineering went out of business, which is unfortunate because I used a lot of their components on my truck including motor mounts, X member and wishbone splitting kit, and steering box mount.

5. Rusty J

Rusty J

All Right! Another Winnipeger! Check out north end spring on route 90, see what they can do for you. send me an email. [email protected]

6. Keep the thread active, I am starting a project soon myself and could use some pointers. Post up some pictures of the parts you have so far.

39 Std-1.png

IMG_0676.JPG

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

part of Heidt's Hot Rod and Muscle Cars - chassisengineeringinc.com
    - good that there are other possible options out there