Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge Dart Help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GordonC, Feb 23, 2020.

1. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am helping a buddy do some restoration work on his 1965 Dodge Dart convertible. The floor pans are a mess and before we go hacking it up and using the cheesy little replacement sections to try to repair it does anybody know of a junk yard that specializes in older Mopars? It would make the job so much better if he could get a full floor that was in good shape from a donor car. They don't reproduce anything for this floor except the shitty little patch panels. 1967 Dart floors, which are reproduced, supposedly will fit but not without a bunch of work. I know 2 door hardtops and convert floors are the same but wondered if 4 door or 2 door sedans would work as well? Either way looking for suggestions on junk yards around the country that may have something that would work here?

Mods if this is stepping over the line I apologize and feel free to delete it.

loudbang likes this.
  2. Budget36

Budget36

Might check with Yearone, maybe call as well and they could lead you to a place.

GordonC and loudbang like this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

just sold my cherry Barracuda floor a month or two ago. Sorry.

GordonC likes this.
  4. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Squirrel no prob. Are there any big yards out there that might have something? Budget36 it looks like the majority of reproduction stuff is made for 67 and up. Good suggestion to call them though.

loudbang likes this.

5. Try Larsons restoration. They specializes in really A body Mopars and had there own salvage yard also.

GordonC and loudbang like this.
  6. Might check with Flat Top Bob, he has helped me many time, Owens Auto Salvage has 100 acre yard. HRP

7. squirrel

squirrel

I don't know, I live far away from civilization, and really haven't been to a junkyard with old cars for a long time.

GordonC likes this.
  8. Too bad you are so far away. There is a guy near me who has a field of rust free Darts....here are a few of them.... Picture 25861.jpg Picture 25862.jpg Picture 25865.jpg Picture 25864.jpg Picture 25866.jpg

GordonC, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  9. Aaron65

Aaron65
    from Michigan

Might want to try these guys...Give them a call rather than an email; they don't seem to respond to emails. I bought my '65 Dart wagon from them.

https://www.wildcatmopars.com/

GordonC likes this.
  10. 2nd trying Owens in Texas, get Bob on the phone and maybe email him a few pictures of what you need.

GordonC likes this.
  11. garyf

garyf

There is a salvage in Smithfield NC that has all old mopar . Don't recall name,call some yards in that area they can steer you to him.

GordonC likes this.
  12. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good info here guys! I will start working the phone in my area first and then expand as necessary. We may have to have something shipped in or do a road trip to get the floor. Seems most of the east coast Darts all suffer the same issues. Thanks.

31Dodger likes this.
  13. dwollam

dwollam

Wildcat Mopars is near Sandy Oregon. Been there a few times.

Dave

14. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Attached Files:

• .jpe
      .jpe
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
    GordonC likes this.
  15. Nova Thug

Nova Thug
    from SG Vizzle

I’ve got a couple of 65 Barracudas. How much floor do you need? I’m in SoCal 91731.

Attached Files:

16. Try the ABodies only site........

17. dan31

dan31

Try FABO ( for a bodies only) website , may also check FBBO someone on there may also have one. Another yard that has mopar stuff is AMS obsolete in Fairmont , Georgia 1 706 337-4606

18. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My brother used panels from Auto Metal Direct for his ‘65. I know you were trying to avoid such things, but just saying.

19. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys! Been away for a few days but some good suggestions here and I will check them out just as soon as time permits.

20. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nov Thug. Not quite ready to get folks to cut up their parts cars yet. Been away for a few days so haven't had much chance to dig into the suggestions here so far.