Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 56-57 mercury/lincoln 368 y- block heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by autoxs10, Feb 24, 2020.

1. autoxs10

autoxs10

Hey guys, just wondering if I can gain some insight on what the value might be on a fully refurbished set of 368 y-block heads? I got them in a lot of parts I bought disassembled with NOS valves. Had them fully refurbished, ready to bolt on. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. You would do best to post these over at the Y Blocks Forever Forum

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Default.aspx

There are a coupla LYB guys over there.

They have value but will be a tough sell since not many play with these.

Oldmics

3. autoxs10

autoxs10

I'll definitely head over there. I figure they should have pretty good value but you are right, finding the right buyer will be the trick.

4. Also - please post up the location of these parts. Shipping such a heavy pair will be a consideration in pricing.

Oldmics

5. autoxs10

autoxs10

That's true. Located in Platteville WI.

6. autoxs10

autoxs10

I checked out that forum and it appears relatively dead. Not a lot of activity and when I tried to create an account it said new account registration is disabled.

7. Maybe they all went to the - Ford Barn - maybe try there.........

8. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yblocksforever is alive and well, but a lot slower than here. Go to http://www.eatonbalancing.com/2001/03/20/contact-us/ and tell Ted the problem. They had to shut down registration due to the number of spammers, he'll set you up.

the Ford Barn has some guys too, but there's some recent LYB activity at yblocksforever.

9. oldolds

oldolds

My thought is that they are worth about 1/2 the cost of the machine work. At least that is the way it usually works out for me. The excuse that most use is, How can I be sure the machine work was done right. The next thing they say is they want to use different valves.

10. southcross2631

southcross2631

They are worth about 8 bucks if you ship them to me for free ? you people kill me asking what stuff is worth . just put price on them and put it in the classifieds and wait for a response.

11. did you ever figure out a price on these? I suddenly find myself looking for a set

Truck64 likes this.