Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I know no one will read this...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike VV, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I have long been of the opinion that a generalized location (i.e. State if in US, Province in Canada, Country if outside North America) should be required when registering. How many more layers of 'privacy' does a person need beyond what's already provided?

Ray

2. birdman1

birdman1

Sometimes I send s message to the guy that actually wants to help. And giving specific details of the problems always helps.But it always amazes me how people can get off the topic completely.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  3. Funny people won't put their age. About like women. Don't care how much ya weigh

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. "My car goes "bbrrrrrt bbleeep floooom!' then it stops. What is broken? Can you come to my house, use your own tools, bring your own beer and food, fix it (for free), and then I won't even say "thanks".

5. I've seen this happen a few times o_O

mad mikey likes this.
  6. One of my favorites is ~ "Will this fit my car?"

Never filled out their profile so no help there, never said what type of car they own and can someone in my area help me, again no mention of where in the vast world they are located. HRP

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

A lot of times when they ask for help they don’t seem to really want it.

Once it’s known what they need and advice is given how often is it ignored ?

bchctybob likes this.
  8. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

Is that like a "3/4" tangent?

chryslerfan55 and firstinsteele like this.
  9. Sadly, your preaching to the choir, hopefully some of the newbies will stumble across this thread and pick up on what your laying down. HRP

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Along with location, speak to your budget and mechanical aptitude.

For instance, if you're asking a general question such as what type engine you should drop in your car we need to know how you intend to use the car and what your budget is, etc.

Follow up. Don't ask questions, then leave us hanging. Come back and update the thread and let us know what course you took and how everything worked out.
    I'm amazed at threads that never have a conclusion by the o/p, or say thanks. It's akin to someone stopping to give you a jump and driving off without an acknowledging thank you.

Thread hijacks bug me.

What really peeves me is when someone replies "I PM'd you the part #". and the o/p posts "yeah, I got it thanks". Big trade secret? Maybe the rest of us would like to have the info! Reminds me of a couple of giggling girls whispering in each others ears! End of rant, lol.

11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I finally read it, your right nobody will read this

Flathead Dave likes this.
  12. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

HEY, I'm new here, but I'mma ask a question, and when someone says "do THIS", and 3 or 4 other folks confirm that answer, I'mma reply with "well, what if I do THAT instead?"

13. 5window

5window

You don't have to answer. No one answers, maybe the message will be sent. While I agree that asking for help should include specifics on what one needs help with, it was a beautiful day today here in central PA and this thread is pretty close to whining.

14. Question - How exactly does a posi traction rear on a Plymouth work ?

Answr - It just duz !

Thank you Mr. Joe Dirt

I hope this is helpful

Oldmics

15. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Your right, I didn't read the drivel you posted, I just checked in to tell you that.

I couldn't resist

Yes I did read it.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

It's a DODGE isn't it?

Bob

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

How is the insulation going?

Bob

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Read a few electrical questions, then count all the DIFFERENT answers. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Bob

19. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

When a person is asking for help they are already stressed out. They have tried to fix the problem and now they have to ask for help. If you are going to reply, try to be helpful. Being "cute or sarcastic" with your answer is not helping. You would think everyone would already know this, but apparently not.

20. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Exactly. I might be able to offer a tool, parts hand or hold their beer if they were known to be close .

21. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, use the search function FIRST !!!! How many times does the same/similar question have to be asked/answered? And yes, by all means, fill out your profile as completely as you can; "name, rank, and serial number", at the very least. Where you are, what generation you come from, what kind of junk you own, and what career shaped who you are can tell me a lot about you, and whether I want to respond to your thread or just skip over it. And finally, PUNCTUATION; you know, those little cues of dashes, dots, and other symbols that actually make your thread easy to read, and help us to figure out exactly what your issue is. Those threads that are 900 words long, but lack even a single period or comma, are really hard to figure out just what you're really up to. Now, I'm going to bed; just thinking about all these things has given me a headache. And, as always, I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

22. Ha ha ha
    You’re fucking up mikes thread bob ,,,
    95% done. Getting a real garage door tomorrow.

23. It’s like options on a car. The car does what it’s supposed to do with or without the options or any combination of options. But some options require different things and those options may dictate further differences. Along with that analogy, some people really think that cars absolutely must have AC and power windows for survival while other people see that a heater is more important than either of those. Both guys are not wrong just not right for eachother.
    Look at trailers,,, allllll kinds of trailers.
    The guy who has a bulldozer trailer can haul lawn tractor too. The guy who only needs to haul his lawn tractor can’t haul a bulldozer on his mower/landscape trailer. Both of these guys will have different answers on trailers too.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  24. A guy can ask a simple question around here,

Much like “what time is it?” And then gets an explanation of how to build a watch. It turns into a feature thread and the guy never finds or reads his answer because it’s buried.

25. rudestude

rudestude

Like the others have said ..there are other factors to be figured in...
    African
    European
    Waite ratio
    But a estimated average would be around 24mph or 11 meters per second.
    But everyone probably already knows that by now...so this was probably a waste of time ...whatever I was bored and no body read it anyways....

Sent from my SM-J737V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  26. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

42. The answer is always 42.

27. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^No, it's a Dodge, it has to be a Dodge, it's always a Dodge.^^^^ I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  28. Yes why do they bother asking for advice and then decide they Know Better? I try to give good basic advice. check compression. check fire and timing, and mess with the carb last. Any engine with compression. spark and fuel at the correct time will start and run.

29. I have the opposite problem. I provide extensive context and details to my posts or questions, then I have to wade through comments of people who obviously didn't take the time to read the entire post.

30. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In a dive?