Register now to get rid of these ads!

•••Hildebrandt MFG. History and Show & Tell!!!!!•••

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jan 4, 2011.

1. He listed it for sale in the classifieds...

Gofannon likes this.
  2. I found this at the conroe swap meet today for $5.

IMG_20200215_144623749.jpg IMG_20200215_144651483.jpg

Attached Files:

3. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

A long time ago (1963), we did go to Moon Equipment in Santa Fe Springs to pick up a set of 5 spoke American Mag Wheels with a Buick bolt pattern. They were going to go on a new, 1963 Buick Riviera for a friend. Since we knew that Hildebrandt Mfg. Co. was just down the street, we stopped there, too. Not to buy anything, but to browse around. The American Mags were the number one job that day. It was a chore, but careful placing of the 4 big boxes in the trunk and rear seat of the Impala was the mode of the day.
    upload_2020-2-16_4-48-2.png
    Just last week, I was going through some old Drag News paper stories and came across this huge, full page ad for Hildebrandt Mfg. Co. It was from a 1957 era Drag News copy. The telephone numbers were still letter prefixes. Oxbow 6-3617.

We did have a business letter with our speed shop card on their files, just in case we needed to get a part or two under our license. It always helped to have the letter and card on file as we could call to place an order and go pick it up within a day or two. Two big name, specialty speed shops with a myriad of parts, just a block or two away from each other was very handy.
    upload_2020-2-16_4-48-41.png 1959-65
    Jnaki

Since the Hildebrandt business was just up the street from the original Moon Equipment Company, it was not that far away, once we made the road trip from Long Beach to those two shops. Our discounts helped the most and we gave the discounts to our friends that needed parts for their builds. But, if they did not want to wait a day or two, there were plenty of places and manufacturers in Long Beach area to get what they wanted. But, as teenagers, saving any amount of money helped. Parts specific places like Hildebrandt were made just for that purpose, with our speed shop discount, of course.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...the-kitchen-sink.1035655/page-2#post-11858751

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    warbird1, Hot Rods Ta Hell and blowby like this.
  4. titus

titus

i have this. found it a couple years ago

07171DDD-AF06-4E29-9FD9-ADD393096FE2.jpeg

warbird1, E.C., bowie and 1 other person like this.
  5. flamed34

flamed34

With a bunch of speed parts from my new acquisition 20220515_174412.jpg

6. I am looking for the information on the flat steel, or aluminum plate engine adapters. I know there was a complete list with pictures last week, but I can't seem to find it today. I have 4, different 3/8" thick steel adapter plates and I would like to identify them. thanks for your help. nick.

7. Check out this safety hub on my 30s dirt track Ford. At first I thought whoa, a Halibrand who I think also made them. Looks like it may have saved losing a wheel at some point. upload_2023-11-30_14-6-24.jpeg