Register now to get rid of these ads!

what happened to the burnout thread?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 3W JOHN, Feb 19, 2020.

1. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

It had a lot of replys

Ron Funkhouser and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. John, I looked for the thread this morning and I guess it was deleted, I seem to have a knack for posting subjects that are deemed controversial, smoking tires certainly couldn't be considered off topic for real hot rodders. HRP

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  3. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Why not just close/lock instead of deleting? It was a very fun and interesting thread. Just my opinion.

4. I hope it wasn’t my helicopter hippo burnout video. I actually got that from an old HAMB thread.
    You asked for pictures of burn outs which I sure hope is on topic. IMHO it was a great thread. You didn’t ask for a poll or if it was cool or anything remotely controversial. The problem is the people that just can’t pass it by if they don’t like it.
    Nothing wrong with a little debate or good natured humor. I just have a problem with the ones that never seem to post anything constructive, positive or even remotely up lifting. Kind of sad actually.

5. From my perspective the subject was on topic but some members seem incapable to have a civil discussion and report a thread because they find fault with the person or the subject, consequently the thread is deleted.

I understand off topic threads being axed and I have been guilty of contributing to those in the past, I don't see this as one but is why I have been cutting back on starting new discussions.

The moderator's make the decisions. HRP

6. I love burnouts, they make me happy :D i bet they do burnouts at the HAMB drags.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I went and looked for it. I am not the one that deleted it but the last post is a video of a hippo taking a crap. it is this kind of off topic garbage that gets threads shut down. this is not facebook......

Hombre, town sedan, Gammz and 2 others like this.
  8. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mark, maybe a "friendly" smack upside the head of the offending party who posted that might get their attention? If someone knows specifically that they are the tool that gets a thread shut down they might think about changing their ways...probably not, but you never know! At least we can hope!

Steve

Ron Funkhouser and wraymen like this.
  9. I wonder why the moderator didn't just delete the offending post and let it continue, I've seen that happen many times.

I know the moderators have a lot of cats to heard and I'm sure deleting is much easier, unfortunately one reply can kill a thread. HRP

3W JOHN, Ron Funkhouser and wraymen like this.
  10. Now that is irony at its best! The helicopter hippo video was on an old HAMB thread and was posted again a few years ago on a funniest thread.
    I would of hoped that my post would have been deleted (along with the negative crap posts)instead of the entire thread.
    The Facebook crap started on the first post that mentioned how stupid we were to actually do a burnout in a hot rod, Imagine that.

Sorry HRP, didn’t mean to screw up your thread.

11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

again, I did not moderate that thread and just because it was on the hamb before doesn't make it right

12. Yeow! Right between the eyes. Guilty as charged but ya had to be there to understand. A guy asked for a hippo and wham-bam two birds with one stone. Not only a hippo but a commentary on all the negative shit talking. I thought it was pretty clever(see thread about losing creativity because of the internet). :)

Ron Funkhouser and Thor1 like this.
  13. It’s all good. I just wish it didn’t screw up HRP’s thread.

14. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry wraymen!

Full disclosure - I didn't see the original thread, but I have experienced and commented in the past on the same guys that just can't find anything nice to say about anything.

I feel your pain but can understand a thread on a traditional hot rod site getting shut down because of video of a pooping hippo...o_O:eek::rolleyes:

Ron Funkhouser, wraymen and Moriarity like this.
  15. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Danny, I enjoy your threads and this was a good one it sucks that it got locked.

16. Don't worry about it wraymen, We needed a laugh. I liked that thread also. I never thought of having a Hot Rod, and never breaking the tires loose once in a while. I just always thought that it's what they're for. But that thread enlighted me, that some just like the artform, and the build process, which is also cool. { think Kustoms show Rods etc. } But what's more traditional than a Hot Rod being a Hot Rod. Ron........

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    wraymen likes this.
  17. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In loving memory of the burnout thread.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I look at H.A.M.B. threads such as the burn out thread as entertaining. Much like a newspaper article. You read it, laugh and then throw the newspaper in the trash.
    Now when a technical thread gets messed up with poor, off topic BS, I feel it’s a different story.
    I’ve posted many threads that got deleted knowing they may be deleted.
    I posted one yesterday that fell in that category.
    It’s all about having fun guys.
    HRP. You keep on having fun.

19. Smokin' HRP

20. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ok -fellas.

I’m going to clean the original Burnout post up of off topic posts tonight and open it back up.

If one of your posts gets deleted, you know not to post off topic stuff. Ya follow.

Going forward - keep it on topic.

aussie oldie, Hombre, Thor1 and 9 others like this.
  21. LAROKE

LAROKE

That's a lotta work. Thank you sir.

22. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

23. town sedan

town sedan

I haven't looked at the thread in question. But, I want to thank you for your efforts to keep this place this place on topic. That's why I keep coming back.
    -Dave

Thor1 likes this.
  24. Thanks Cob. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  25. Huh? o_O