Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full Custom Lincoln?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Drmalacarne, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Drmalacarne

Drmalacarne

bfbaf56b-39a0-459a-a3d0-378854d6f550.jpg
    Any info about this car?
    Looks like 1947 Lincoln taillights.
    Thanks.
    Gui

Enviado do meu iPhone usando H.A.M.B.

2. @Sancho to the front desk.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Sancho and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. 296moon

296moon
    from england

MGA hood for the decklid?...........

Torchie and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

For sure 46-48 Lincoln tail lights and brake light on the trunk lid. Fenders have the right shape also, but looks to have had metal added to the inside [toward the trunk] . Maybe a custom Continental? They were basically sectioned Zephyrs, looks like they could have gotten rid of the hump back trunk on one?

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

I sure hope you can drag this out into the open & get a bunch of pictures!! like profile! front view!

6. Hope it doesn't turn out to be this! ebay764137.jpg ebay764136.jpg ebay764135.jpg

7. Drmalacarne

Drmalacarne

8. Sorry I can't help, I just found it on Google!
    It looks like the sheet metal work is good but
    the proportions, and the bumpers are all off, in my opinion.
    I was looking for more pictures of yours. I think I have seen that
    car before, but where or when I have no clue!
    And the bumpers and the additions around the fenders have to go!
    Tony

9. Squablow

Squablow

Holy shit I need to see the rest of this car! Definitely looks custom, 46-48 Lincoln rear quarters and trunk lid light but the center of the rear bumper looks like '50 Dodge car and the bumper extensions look custom fabbed, this looks like someone's custom built sports car. I really want to see what the rest of it looks like!

chryslerfan55 and Sancho like this.
  10. Squablow

Squablow

Interesting. The Mustang shifter and the red furry door panel upholstery point to a late 70's or 80's build, although it could just be some shitty "updates" to a much earlier car. Surprised to see the Y block running a 2bbl and a wraparound single exhaust.

I will say, for apparently having been stored for a really long time, there's no obvious bondo bodywork popping out anywhere I can see, it looks like high quality metalwork.

Those extra pictures are great, but it makes me want to see the car outside and washed off even more so than before.

chryslerfan55 and Sancho like this.
  11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

The dash and the sectioned hood are factory Continental, although the body could be a sectioned Zephyr convertible with the Continental hood and dash added. The trunk lid looks like a flattened Zephyr, along with the rest of the rear. Continental had a huge hump truck that has obviously been removed if that was what they started with. May be a combination of a couple of cars, A Conti body with a Zephyr trunk grafted on. I think the Mustang shifter is a later add on, you can see the hole for a floor shift manual trans up closer to the dash on the tunnel.

Whatever it is, It's cool! I'd love to see a side profile shot.

12. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Similar but not it ....... [​IMG]

Surfcityrocker and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Yuck. Lincolns sad, sad years. The UGLIEST car that Detroit ever puked out. There is NO making it look good....EVER! If someone gave me a mint one, I'd torch the door buttons off and pay someone to drag the carcass away!!

14. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Sorry you feel that way. To me, only the front grille is ugly, and in time, it grows on you. I've thought about getting two more upper grille halfs, inverting them under the factory upper grille, and doing away with the lower grille completely.

Far from the ugliest car Detroit put out. Obviously you never looked at a bathtub Nash, or an early Rambler have you?

15. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Love a bathtub Nash and most Ramblers have at least a little class. I think Lincoln at this time just said "Let's throw a little more booger weld chrome at it and see if it sticks" Unfortunately, it did.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  16. rivguy

rivguy

Looks to me like Lincoln front clip and modified rear fenders attached to a mid forties Ford.

17. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In my opinion, the Fitzpatrick custom made automobile has much cleaner lines than the Zephyr custom, you be the judge. This car has a fascinating history as well!
    Fitzpatrick-custom-6.jpg Fitzpatrick-custom-joe-bortz.jpg