Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 36 dodge-36 plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 0nedon, Feb 17, 2020.

1. 0nedon

0nedon

Hey Guys, I'd like to know if anything would interchange between the 2. I have a 36 dodge coupe and it is missing all the hood parts. I was wondering if the 36 Plymouth was the same?? Windshield? My dodge is missing the front clip/ Thanks

2. gene-koning

gene-koning

I believe you need to exchange all the front sheet metal. It seems to me the Dodge was slightly longer (like 1") then the Plymouth was from the firewall forward. There was enough differences individual parts wouldn't interchange, but the entire clip would. I think you may have to modify how the bottom of the front fenders attach to the front of the running boards. What motor either coupe had could make a difference. Dodge made an inline 8 and an inline 25" long 6, but Plymouth made a 23" long inline 5 and an inline 4 cylinder. The two 6 cylinders motor cars front sheet metal should interchange, but an 8 cylinder Dodge and a 4 cylinder Plymouth probably won't.

I believe from the firewall back a 36 Dodge coupe and a 36 Plymouth coupe are the same shell. Once you get away from the coupe body, the Plymouth cars are a bit smaller then the Dodge cars are. Gene

3. 0nedon

0nedon

Thanks for the help, information