Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mooneyes Yokohama 2020 - what to expect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by don-vee, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Has anyone here ever gone to the Mooneyes show in Yokohama, Japan?
    I'm trying to find out some event info, schedule of events, tickets, etc. but all I'm seeing is info from last year, and not much real info as far as things going on inside the show.
    My impression was this was basically Japan's answer to Viva (which we have done before), and wanted to get some advice on what to expect, like bands, demos, and stuff. You know, more of the "kulture" side of things, just to break it up a bit.
    I also am seeing conflicting things as far as the length of the event. Some websites say it's a one-day event, some say it's the whole weekend.
    I'm just looking for some tips and advice on what there will be to check out, if there are other things going on before or after, if there are other events in the area around the same time, etc.
    This is my first time going to Japan, so I'm pretty stoked.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WAYYY to early for event info yet. :)

Its awesome. Just buy your plane tickets and come along. We stay at the Edit Hotel which is an easy walk and close to a cool little bar.

Its a one day event although set up day is the day to be there but even over two days there is stuff you miss. Far less of a 'scene' event although some of the US guys can miss that point, although they are normally bike guys :)

Plan some time before and/or after the show to see some other places and bring an International Drivers Licence so you can do the Mario Carts. Insane fun.

I live up in the mountains a few hours from there so happy to answer other questions you may have.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    chryslerfan55 likes this.