Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Radir Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss409cid, Apr 28, 2019.

1. ss409cid

ss409cid
    from NC

Does anyone know if they are still in business? I Have called several times and left a message, no replies and their website seems to be down. Thanks...Larry

2. More fake news. Must be collusion with the other wheel companies.

egads likes this.
  3. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

I was on the Dead Mans Curve car club site and noticed some of the longtime members were no longer listed , including founding member Rich Conclin , who is the owner of Radir Wheels . Anyone know what is going on there ? - F F

4. 5window

5window

Yep, website is down. Here's the thing-if you can't even contact them to send them money, do you really want to take the chance and order something?

Gasser 57 and CNC-Dude like this.
  5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes: Not you again :D

6. 5window

5window

Facebook page hasn't been updated for a month. Nice wheels, but this, and other threads, look like they're headed to a "I sent them money but nothing was shipped" thread. Hope that is wrong.

unclescooby likes this.
  7. bolthead

bolthead

Wobbling around Spring Carlisle, I saw Radir's set up there. The owner was not around, another guy was sitting in for him. Inquired about ordering a set of Radir bullets and the guy said they were no longer available. He also added that the Chinese wheels were killing them.

Hard to find them at Carlisle since they were not listed in the event program.

With the rain and crappy wind I didn't have the energy to go back.

8. Rich is no longer part of dead man's curve. He is part of a lawsuit now with the other members for using the name without his permission. Radir wheels is still in business everyone just settle down.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  9. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

racer x - Thanks for your reply & explanation . Glad to hear Radir is still in business . - F F

10. 5window

5window

I don't get "Radio" wheels?

11. squirrel

squirrel

spell check is a bitch

427 sleeper and racer-x like this.
  12. 5window

5window

Ah. So, the real question might be, has any HAMBer successfully ordered and received wheels lately?

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

Last week I could access it on my phone but not computer. This week it is neither. They may still be in business but it's not going to be for long if this isn't addressed.

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'm having issues as well. I ordered some "in stock" wheels and tires a month ago and got the tires right away. I've emailed every week since then about the wheels and get no reply but I also think they close completely when they go to shows and don't respond to voice or emails while they are gone. I've called a few times as well and gotten nowhere. Certainly not the experience I was hoping to have here. When I call, I only get voice mail which could be because I think Rich is the only one who answers phones there. I don't think it's a big outfit. They have changed the voice mail message back from being at the show last week.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

FYI....Coker just put all of their rocket wheels on clearance for about half price. Some good deals to be had there. I just bought a set of 15x10 and 15x4.5 for under $500 since I haven't been able to get my Radirs and have been needing to make my project mobile.

16. ss409cid

ss409cid
    from NC

Update: I saw that the website was back up, so I called and got a hold of Rich. The product I was looking for was not in stock, but he said he would call when it was available.

17. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I got a message a couple weeks ago that my wheels were shipping from the foundry. Haven’t seen or heard anything since. I sent another email yesterday. I’ll let you know when I see something.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

18. Glenn Williams

Glenn Williams

Any updates? I noticed some time ago that Speedway Motors clearanced them out. I saw them go on sale and I should have bought then!

19. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

The last I heard, they were shipping the week of May 29th.
    But It’s June 17th and I don’t have anything.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  20. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I got my set of wheels today.

Wanted! Olds 394 Hurst motor mount and dual point distributor

bowie likes this.
  21. 5window

5window

I am so relieved for you! Odd that the order was wrong. Worked out sort of okay for you but, clearly, Radir still has major issues. Buyers beware.

22. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

To be fair, I thought you had to special order if you DID want them polished. I didn’t specify that in the beginning. It came up later when I found that out but maybe it was too late. I don’t know.
    The point is, I can get my 34 Chevy coupe on the ground now

5window likes this.
  23. Sept 20/19. Called and ordered a set of 12 spoke spindle mounts that were “in stock”. Rich told me they just need to be polished and will be sent out at the end of that week. Well a week goes by and nothing, call..nothing, email...nothing, no response to messages or emails, it’s straight up ghosting. Rich never actually processed my order till I got a notification Oct 7/19 that a large withdrawal from my account had taken place by Radir. I called again to get a tracking number and got “there was a problem casting at the foundry, we will have them polished and shipped by the end of the week”.... wait, they needed to be cast?! What the hell happened to them being in stock?

A week goes by, no tracking number sent so I call and get nothing, email..nothing. Finally get ahold of him after a week and a half of trying and “there was a problem with the polisher and I can’t get ahold of them, it’s Friday and they’re out cruising”

wtf kind of business are you running?!

An item that was “in stock and just needs to be polished” has taken 41 days and I am still getting the same excuse from him and “there was a problem with the polisher and they will be hopefully shipped next week”.

Buyer beware for sure. Poor business handling. I wouldn’t have been upset if he would’ve just said not in stock, 6-8 weeks out or something along the lines instead of giving me the run around. I wonder how long I’ll have to wait as calling and emailing gets a guy nowhere.

24. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

25. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have bought my last 4 sets of wheels from American Rebel. Made in the United States and if you give them your money, they will actually ship you the wheels, unlike some of the other guys....

[​IMG]

-Abone.

CGkidd and kadillackid like this.
  26. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

American Rebel made in the U.S.A.

CGkidd likes this.
  27. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

That’s almost word for word what happened for me. I really want a set of 14” slicks but I would only buy them in person now