Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Cape Girardeau Missouri Swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SEMO, Feb 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SEMO

SEMO

Swap Meet,Sunday February 16 at Arena Park. Anybody going? I’ll be there selling junk model a parts

swade41 likes this.
  2. hot rust

hot rust

headed out tomorrow with my trailer load, model a, model t, advertising and a little of everything 25 model t touring body anybody looking for one and 28-9 model a roadster parts,quarters,cowl see you there.

3. HotRod33

HotRod33

I'll be there.... I need some 30 model a Sedan fenders...

4. Sum54ford

Sum54ford
    from St. Louis

I will be there. Looking for 50’s Ford and Merc stuff. Hopefully these is something!

5. Dang it, I had planned on going (grew up in Keiser, Arkansas) but forgot. Just got back from Vegas a few hours ago so that makes me a two time loser!

6. 392

I went and bought a 9-16 deep well swivel snap on socket, 16’ tape and 2 license plates, a 62 and 63. All in all ok. Vendors are down from years past. No early hemi, Hudson, Plymouth, or Terraplane stuff. Lots of sbc stuff. Typical

7. HotRod33

HotRod33

It was a pretty good swap meet.... Nice weather.... got to meet fellow hamber Semo there....

8. Why do people pack up and leave so early?
    I got a few interesting things, but I cant see getting up at 5 a.m. for a long drive, to get the first pickins' .
    I get about halfway thru shopping, and watch vendors leaving...

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

9. Well that should help you to see about getting there earlier, you know the old proverbs, early to bed - early to rise, early bird gets the worm and the vendor saying one in the hand (the early bird) beats two in the bush (that couldn't see getting up at 5 a.m.)

bob b. likes this.
  10. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Swaps around here may be advertised from 7-3 but by noon most are packing up. Rule of thumb the only "buyers" from 1 until 3 are the 'I'll give you a dollar' types. Serious buyers get up at 5am so they can shop and get to Denny's for lunch. ;)

swade41 and uncleandy 65 like this.
  11. SEMO

SEMO

I got to meet Hot Rod 33 from Missouri and bought a ‘50 pickup transmission cross member from Hot Rust who brought it up from Arkansas. Both nice guys. I sold some A stuff to KB Cookout from Indiana he is a wealth of information. Thanks KB.
    As for leaving early... I got there and set up about 2 pm on Saturday afternoon. I stayed until every shopper was gone. I wanna get those dollars from the “take a dollar for it?” types.

HotRod33 likes this.
  12. We set up Saturday afternoon, same spot since 2002, made our first sale around 4 am Sunday morning. Had a good day, sold a lot of stuff, bought next year's supply of grinding disc, and sander belts. We do several swap meets a year. This is always our first for the season.

13. hot rust

hot rust

did really well selling, had to hang around all my stuff so i didn't get to look but about 20 minutes and it was later in the day, was looking for a gm621 bellhousing, no luck though, bought a 29 model a grille shell, but the tool vendors were slacking off this year,usually buy several items but it seemed most were out of stock. good to meet semo and everyone else there. best part i got a lead on a totally rebuilt 70 ta 340 motor, trans and dana rear. going back to visit him saturday week. might i make a suggestion to everyone, if you are selling at a meet,please put up a sign let the rest of us know you are a hamb member with your handle on it. i would have loved to have met kb cookout, man he has some stuff!!!!!!!!!!

HotRod33 likes this.