Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shot in the Dark (NJ Hambers)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pila38, Feb 14, 2020.

1. pila38

pila38

Has anyone here used Medford Speed & Machine in Vincentown, NJ? I stopped in there today and talked to Jerry. Really nice guy, knew his stuff, took his time to answer my questions and talk about my build (SBC 383) even though I'm just some stranger who stopped in blindly. Got a really good feeling about using them, just wondered if anyone had more info on the place? It's a very old school place, not a lot about them on the internet.

2. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a couple of buddies that live in N.J. They both are into cars, racing, etc. Will ask them if they are anywhere near that shop. Or know anything about them. Gene.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. pila38

pila38

Thank you Gene, I appreciate that.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. pila38

pila38

Sunday bump. Any info out there?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. 5window

5window

Where are you from in Burlington County? I grew up in Mount Holly. Are you old enough to remember Mahalchik's,the world's oddest junk yard? Never got to actually get in. https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/19902

6. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy said they were very good in the day. But, he hasn't any contact with them in some time now. He told me they some how figured out a way to put 351 Cleveland heads on a SBC. And damn near won a major dirt track race in N.Y. with the car.

7. pila38

pila38

Thanks Gene, that’s some good info. I know that they do a lot of roundy round stuff. 5window, I’m in Columbus. Just moved here 5 years ago, so don’t really know a lot of the history. I know there’s still some pick-a-parts around, but they’re all late model stuff now.

8. pila38

pila38

Thanks for that article @5window. Very interesting read. I’d like to find out where that property is, and check it out. I have a sneaking suspicion which one it is.

9. 5window

5window

Man,you are close!. This article will give you better insight: scroll down a bit http://www.airfields-freeman.com/NJ/Airfields_NJ_Trenton.htm#mahalchick

10. pila38

pila38

Thanks for the info. Did some more digging, and pretty confident I know exactly where the property is. Only about 5 or so minutes down the road. Certainly seemed like Mr. Mahalchik was one interesting character.

5window likes this.