Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Catch words, phrases coined

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joeycarpunk, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

that short phrase is totally redundant......just sayin’

2. .........................Oh No!, but what about Kustoms!?:D;)

3. How about every goddam '64 Fairlane advertised (even the four doors) has the word "Thunderbolt" thrown around in the ad.

4. It's a SBC so it must have came in a Corvette.:rolleyes:

5. Phoenix24

Phoenix24

I'm in highschool and hate it when I catch people doing this. Having a pause is so much better then adding a filler word, and it lets you think without looking idiotic. I try to avoid using filler words at all costs, but even I catch myself doing it... Bugs me

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

In the old Hot Rod magazines, almost every Flathead powered car had a 48 Merc engine and a 39 Ford box.

7. RmK57

RmK57

"Having said that"
    "It is what it is"
    Both are way over used.

bchctybob and Turnipseed like this.
  8. ......I think his comment was a bit "tongue-in-cheek", not meant to be taken literally.:)

9. ...........as would some of the cars that sellers describe as restorable. :D

hotrodjack33, Andy, chopped and 4 others like this.
  10. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

The one word I could never understand is jonesing for this, or that, maybe I am just getting old. Desire is a word I would use instead.

bchctybob and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I cut it twice and it’s still to short

12. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Back in the day...

CME1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. williebill

williebill

"You know what I'm saying" creates very violent fantasies in my head when I hear it.
    Tongue amputation, for instance.

14. For Sale, my K-Car. It's a "Classic":eek::rolleyes:

Christina Haner and Hnstray like this.
  15. So, all this being said,
    Can we agree that these terms will not be used any longer on the Hamb?
    Otherwise at the end of the day the only thing these posters have done is repeat the things that offend them greatly. That in and of itself is jackassery and nincompooery

16. These mouth breathers that ask if I know what they are saying “Noamsain” get an answer,,,
    Not the one they wanted either.
    Actually I don’t and you can’t understand what you mean either.

17. Congratulations, I didn't think it was possible but we have put together the all encompassing rant thread. The mother of all things annoying.... the ayatollah of parabola. I have made a list of all the good ones and will be inserting them into my future posts. Just doing my part to keep those hearts pumping and the blood flowing on those cold winter nights. ;) So the answer to your question, 31Vicky is a resounding NO. Then again, Spring is just around the corner.:)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  18. It’s not the titanic on the ocean floor, but the Olympic did sink titanic sister ship. Name change and Classic insurance job.

chopped and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. In late '68 or early '69, I was the person who coined the term "You're damn straight!" (Not so often used anymore.)
    I can determine the timeframe because of the car I owned and the girlfriend I had at the time.
    I didn't go around making the phrase my trademark but my girlfriend thought it was clever and she went around telling everybody. So I guess I'm one of many thousands, maybe millions, of anonymous authors who will never rate a Wiki page or a credit or a footnote. But what really gives me a weird feeling is in every low budget, B movie I've ever seen, at least once, one of the no-name actors will spit the phrase out. Try telling somebody in the room, "Hey! I was the first person to ever say that", and see what kind of looks that gets you. It's like the reaction I'd get if I said I walked on the moon before Armstrong.

williebill and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. "Dizzy"
    "Carby"
    "Barn Find"

Bah Humbug...

21. That's the one that just makes me crazy!

Hnstray likes this.
  22. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

An Always followed with its a 4 bolt

Is it me... Or is Every SBC that has a pan on it a 4 bolt ?

23. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yeah ever happened to, "in the future"?

bchctybob likes this.
  24. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Using "conversation" rather than "discussion"...
    When there is a directed and focussed "conversation" it is a DISCUSSION!
    When you are generally shooting the breeze and talking about things in general then it is a CONVERSATION!

Hnstray and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'm a strong Canadian and "brekkie" is not a Canadian thing. It is a shorten version of the correct word used by those who are oh so busy and lazy due to the fact they have become cell phone zombies...

26. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ready to be restored! Which means exactly what? Its about as fallen apart and decrepit as it could possibly get and theres no where to go but up from there!

Hollywood-East likes this.
  27. What future?
    All you’re guaranteed it that breath you just Exhaled.

Just saying,,,

warbird1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. KenC

KenC

Me too! I like to refer people that say that to Miller Tires website, specifically the section where the sell rims (just the outer part of a wheel, no center at all) and wheels (a real, bolt it on complete wheel). Wheels/Rims, two totally different things. Terminology goes way back to the time when the rim separated from the wheel hub/center for service.

kevinrevin and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I was sick and tired of that ten years ago! The birth of my children, seeing a triple rainbow, etc. were awesome. And don't forget its twin, "amazing". These two words have been so diluted that when something truly amazing or awesome is witnessed the only adjective to be used will be "nice" and even that is being used as a quick little acknowledgement whether it is truly nice or shitty!

I guess I should have combined all my comments into one post but I've been reading other comments and responding as I go.

30. Slopok

Slopok