Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ross Racing Ohio...Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M.Edell, Jan 8, 2020.

1. M.Edell

M.Edell

Hi guys. I ordered a TH 350 for my 324 Olds back in August, gave him a deposit then and was told 4 months to complete. Last month he charged my card for the balance and told me the transmission was ready to crate up. I have left messages and called and got a voicemail. Today, I just get a busy signal when I call and I noticed the website was down? As you can imagine I'm quite concerned and wondering what's going on with him. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Marcus

Old wolf and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Contact your CC company and tell them what is going on. They may assist you in reversing that charge as a fraudulent transaction. I'd suggest getting on it today, the sooner the better. Sorry for the trouble but this is becoming commonplace it seems.

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

I find it hard to believe he would screw anyone over. He is well known and seems to have a great reputation.

Old wolf, saltracer219 and brigrat like this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes it is not about screwing someone, I used the term "fraudulent" because that is what the CC company calls it in their claims department. I have had to this same thing recently and it was just really, really, r e a l l y crappy customer service that caused the issue but in the end I still got my money back and purchased elsewhere.
    Call it what you will, facts are you paid for a tranny and you aint got no tranny. I was just trying to assist. Best of luck.

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

On his Facebook page his website has been down for several weeks, he says he needs to hire someone to manage it and fix it.
    I'd suggest to just keep calling, if like most engine shops, they are busy doing work.
    The phone number is: Call (330) 544-4466

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. M.Edell

M.Edell

Wow, ok..That does make me feel better.Thank You very much!

7. M.Edell

M.Edell

Got a hold of him. Thanks for all your help!

8. Great result, sometimes life happens and things innocently don’t get done.
    Always a worry when your hard earned is involved.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I got a tranny and engine on order, waiting. I text Tony and get response quit quickly

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

With no malicious intent toward this vendor, whom I agree seems to have a great reputation....I feel it is worth pointing out that the only people who can cheat us are those whom we trust. When you think about it, it makes sense. The people we don’t trust, we either do not do business with, or, we structure our deal to drastically reduce, or eliminate, their opportunity to do so.

Hopefully, this will have a happy ending. But in the meantime, you would be wise to exercise whatever self preservation options available to you. If, and when, the trans is available, you can always pay ‘again’.

Ray

Vern 1963 and Beanscoot like this.
  11. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

you will get taken care of.

Saxman, nochop and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Be sure and post the outcome when resolved,for all concerned.

13. Isn't he a member here? Goatroper2 or something like that?

swade41, lothiandon1940 and nochop like this.
  14. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Got a message from Tony, my stuff should be ready late Feb, early March. He’s going on the road soon. I asked if he was going to GNRS and he said yes.

lothiandon1940 and Saxman like this.
  15. I think sometimes we forget that these small shops are not Walmart open 365 days a year and often have very reduced hours/are closed over the holidays. Also January and February are busy months for a lot of shops trying to put cars together for the GNRS and Detroit Autorama.

16. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

Good luck my friend!! I’ll post my journey with Tony in a bit! I’m afraid he’s robbing Peter to pay Paul and it’s catching up with him. He’s pretty good at damage control but don’t think for one minute the man you’re talking to on the phone giving you excuses is the same boy you will be dealing with when push comes to shove. I’ll post my story now!

rob-redm, Old wolf, Dino 64 and 5 others like this.
  17. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Since the OP didn’t follow up .....This trans was delivered a few wks ago

Junior Stock and Stogy like this.
  18. All I can say is a fool and his money are easily parted. Ive bought sold and traded for many decades. and rarely have I been cheated. The main reason is I remember to DTA. Don't Trust Anyone. You can assume everyone is honest and has good intentions. However you still as a precaution lock you gates and brand your cattle.

Hnstray likes this.
  19. manyolcars

manyolcars

There sure are a lot of threads where Ross is not treating his customers well

20. 5window

5window

Doesn't appear that any of it is his fault. So,OP, get your product?

21. wandi harry

wandi harry

Not sure I would be calling someone a fool for still putting some trust in people considering you have been caught out yourself