Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB Shift Knob Charity Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brsturges, Jan 8, 2020.

1. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

Guys, this really did turn out great and I'm so happy to have been a part of it. The shift knob is on its way to Alan (@9Manchu). I want to share yet another amazing surprise. Alan likes to "round up", and made a $1,000.00 donation to the American Kidney Fund. Amazing.

And @hotrodjack33, what you did is truly amazing as well. Really. Thank you so much.

To all the bidders, thank you so much. You all were willing to do a great thing for a great cause and deserve a pat on the back for that.

Tony (@mcmopar), look what you have started! Thank you for being the inspiration behind this and for all that you have done for the HAMB over the years.

@Ryan, thanks for making this a sticky. It certainly would never have ended up this well without that. But most of all, thanks for creating and maintaining such an amazing forum.

I'm looking forward to the next great thing someone does here on the HAMB. Something tells me I won't be waiting that long.

Brad

2. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WHAT ? @9Manchu rounded up his $600 bid to $1000 ? Holy crap...that IS AMAZING !!!!
    What a way to make an entrance into HAMBworld. My hat is off to you my friend.

I'm glad I made our matching donation BEFORE I read this...I would have had a hard time matching THAT amount...Bonnie and I will be eating Top Ramen noodles for weeks as it is.;)

3. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I want to thank all who participated and bid on the shift knob and donating the proceeds to the AKF. You might wonder why I'm thanking those people. Well my daughter received a kidney transplant at the time of the Rhinebeck swap meet in 2018. I mentioned it an Hamb and a few of the members came over to my space and ask how she was doing. It was much appreciated, she is almost 2 years out now and doing well. Kidney disease is hereditary and my wife also goes for dialysis. Our family has been the recipient of AKD help and support. We are doing fine and just keep plugging along, I would like to say that organ donation is the greatest thing a person can do for another, so check off that box on your license for "donor" you will be helping someone out that really needs help.

Again Thank You to all who participated and Ryan for the opportunity to submit this post though it has nothing to do with traditional hot rods.

Pat

4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Pat,
    Sometimes posts are not about traditional hot rods...they're about something MORE traditional...Kindness and compassion for (and from) other folks. It's something that appears to be somewhat lacking in todays society.

Very well written post and I'm glad to hear from someone who has actually benefitted from using AKF services. Bonnie and I will be needing their help & support in the very near future.

We're pretty new to this whole kidney business, and can't imagine what you and your family have gone through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

Jack & Bonnie Murphy

5. 9Manchu

9Manchu

Shift knob is safe and sound in it's new home in Western Wisconsin. (has been for a while, I'm just now catching up on a few things.)

shift_knob.jpg

I would like to thank the usual suspects as well; Brsturges, Mcmopar, Budget36, and hotrodjack33. Thank you!

I would also like to thank; lonejacklarry, Lloyd's paint & glass, Peter Nowak, Thor1, utahdodge, engine138, JOHN H EDGE, Sky Six, dan31, jim1932, Deuced Up!, and last but not least (literally,) Poparod. Thank you all for setting the bar high. Please forgive me if I missed anyone.

And thank you everyone else for the kind comments, viewing and well wishes.

6. Budget36

Budget36

I think we all should be the one's thanking you. Heck of a thing you did.

hotrodjack33, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  7. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9Manchu,

You're not that far from me - I am in New Richmond. By the way, the shift knob looks great in your truck.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  8. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

Alan, the shift knob looks amazing in its new home. So happy to have been a part of this great story. I have to share this picture as well. How cool is it that The HAMB got this recognition!

View attachment upload_2020-3-6_20-42-13.jpeg

Attached Files:

9. loudbang

loudbang

Was too large to post. Made it fit so everybody can see it. :)

2 (1024x789).jpg

10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Too cool. I got one too, but I'm only at the "gold level":(.My accountant has all my charitable deduction stuff (it's tax time:eek:) so I can't post a pic right now.
    I too want to thank @brsturges @mcmopar and @Budget36 ...and especially @9Manchu. Ya know, for a bunch of "Hot Rod Hoodlums" , we done good:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

11. pnwgmcguy

pnwgmcguy

Member for a long time but very few posts here. Just want to say, this is why I love the Hot Rodding community. As a hot rodder and former biker I can attest to the amazing things that have been done when we ask for help from our ranks. My heart feel good to see this.

chryslerfan55, Thor1 and brsturges like this.