Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Lee Pratt Custom LeSabre

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodmano, Feb 11, 2020.

1. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

I know this is a bit of the path here but thought I should share a few pics and a short story about my trip to The US in 89.
    I used to be a member of KKOA and, since this was pre mobilephone, I wrote an open letter to the "personal" section in the member magazine, if Im not remember incorrect, was named "The Kemp Gazette" or similar.
    I asked in the letter if there was someone who wanted to share a ride to Lead Slead Spectacular the upcoming year in Davenport, Iowa. And surly, some great folks from Milford MI, responded. It was Dick Styles (RIP) and his lovely wife Elaine. Dick was an active administrative member of the KKOA Detroit area chapter at the time.
    Long story short, I was invited to stay at their place and I traveled over from Norway the following summer and stayed with them for two weeks. We went to several car shows in that time and took their 58 Impala for the main tour to Lead Slead Spectacular in Davenport. BUT Dick also had another car, The Lee Pratt buildt LeSabre Custom. I was so lucky to drive that car to Flint at the car show just outside GMs Flint Truck Plant. And thats what this post is about: The Lee Pratt LeSabre: here are acouple of pics of it. A radical car and the longest AND lowest Buick Ive ever driven :) Also included is a pic of the 58 Impala. (Dont mind the strange angle of the rear wheels. The pic is a photo from my slides and the canvas screen was somewhat wavey :) )
    Oh and I still keep in touch with Elaine frequently. We share some emails now and then.

20200205_194829.jpg 20200205_194927.jpg 20200205_194859.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hmmmm. I don't remember this particular show in Flint...I was only 14 at the time though. That car is pretty cool.

3. When you say Milford..I’m assuming Milford, Mi, and he was probably a member of the Kingsmen car club...bunch of good guys that are diehard Kustom fellas...I don’t remember that car either, but I was more of a muscle car guy at that point..being 20 and a little crazy..

OG lil E likes this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cool!

OG lil E likes this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for sharing

OG lil E likes this.
  6. alchemy

alchemy

I remember seeing the car in Des Moines when Pratt owned it. I wonder where it is now?

Sancho and OG lil E like this.
  7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not off the path at all. I wish more guys would share their kustom stories and the pictures. How kool is that, having the opportunity to drive Lee Pratt's Buick.

8. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

Yes. Milford, Michigan and yes. he was a memeber of The Kingsmen.

9. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

I might remember wrong about the location in Flint but there was a small museum close by with, among other cars, several 1950s GM dream cars on display. I have some pictures of it somewhere. Ill post when I find them.

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

No...that would be Flint. The Sloan Museum is close by along with the Buick Gallery.