Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Plymouth 2 door sedan build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RMR&C, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

What a find, I've seen them years ago but it sure been awhile. Goo to see you back on this and thanks for the help you gave me.

chryslerfan55, RMR&C and loudbang like this.
  2. I finished most of the metal work on the doors....figured I should chop/build the garnish moldings before I get too far. I don't have the correct garnishes for my 2 door, but I do have a full set for a 4 door.
    After much slicing and fitting, I finally got them tacked. Had to make a piece to add length on the bottom.

DSCN1161.JPG

dwollam, brEad, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  3. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Atta boy Scott

Looks like time consuming work, but I'll bet there is a real sense of satisfaction when it all comes together.
    Looks good

Bobby

chryslerfan55, loudbang and RMR&C like this.
  4. Next up is the gas tank. My original plan was to mount a universal tank in the back seat area inside the car. I even bought the tank....
    After more thought, I really don't want the gas tank inside the car....it takes up a lot of room, plus the filler cap would end up pretty high on the body.
    So I ended up getting a stock tank and mounting it more or less in the stock location.

When I built the chassis, I bobbed the rear frame rails...luckily I saved those pieces....
    DSCN1181.JPG
    I was able to tuck the tank up under the body nicely, then made some mounts and added a hd spreader bar.
    DSCN1186.JPG
    I'm liking how this gives the car a more balanced look. Still need to do the finish welding, etc. Haven't decided if I will make a cover for the tank...
    DSCN1192.JPG

5. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

See, it pays to not throw anything away...

I kind of like the exposed tank look

6. Love it , I wish I hadn’t put the tank in my Tudor.

loudbang and RMR&C like this.
  7. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

no need looks great as is

chryslerfan55 and RMR&C like this.
  8. An update at last.....I finished the body work on the doors and got some primer on them

DSCN1213.JPG
    Then I finished welding/boxing the rear frame horns. Also built my trailer hitch.
    Yes, a trailer hitch, to pull my teardrop(eventually). A receiver type hitch would look like ass, to me anyway, so I designed something different. The spreader bar/pipe is 1/4" wall so plenty stout for my lil trailer...

DSCN1218.JPG
    Also chopped the wood that goes around the rear window. Had to make a new lower piece for it.

DSCN1220.JPG

9. goldmountain

goldmountain

I built a trailer hitch for my car too, but because I realize how slow I am, built the teardrop trailer first.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mgtstumpy, loudbang, brEad and 2 others like this.
  10. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Should be setup as a Plymolet ! LOL. I love Ford sheetmetal, but the early Mopars are so neat and underrated. Good luck and I will be watching.

loudbang, RMR&C and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

dan31, he just has no bedside manners at all ! He will be heavily critiqued by US ! LOL.

loudbang, dan31 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. The chop you did is perfect not to extreme but did change the look just right .

13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Glad your back on it!

15. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What are those 8 holes/half holes on either side of the intake just below the partial valve cover flanges ? Just kidding !

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  16. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Fantastic!!
    I'm glad you're back at it. Its really looking good.
    You don't have to convince me about the trailer hitch, I figured I'd have one on my roadster pick-up project also.

Bobby

17. Haha, yep, I built the teardrop trailer last winter....which is why not much has gotten done on the car. Oh well, I have a couple other hot rods to tow it with.

18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trailer hitch looks great.

19. So I tore down the FE.......No big issues, everything is OE standard. Needs total rebuild. Got about 10 pounds of crud out of the water jackets.....
    Took the block, crank etc to the machine shop last week.

DSCN1225.JPG
    DSCN1229.JPG

20. I hung the front sheet metal to see how it's gonna fit.... the hood is really bent up in places.

DSCN1230.JPG
    DSCN1231.JPG

21. That is going to be great!

Hombre, loudbang, RMR&C and 1 other person like this.
  22. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Wow!
    The look with the front sheet metal in place is awesome. Its gonna be one sharp car

Bobby

Hombre, loudbang and RMR&C like this.
  23. wow, props on a great job so far, great skills too....................

24. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

I know this is old,but just in case you are still wondering,my 33 Ply coupe has a beam front axle. IIRC,it is a PD.

Hombre, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  25. Well, I got the block and heads back and all of the engine parts.....gonna do some assembly this weekend.
    Also been beating and heating on the hood. Getting closer, man this thing is FUBAR

DSCN1244.JPG DSCN1245.JPG DSCN1247.JPG

26. I got most of the bottom end together and the heads assembled. Been trying to find a decent oil pan, mine is fubar and the POS one I ordered from Summit is unusable. Finally found an OEM pan yesterday.
    I need to buy more parts for this engine, but don't really want to spend the $$$ with unknown future finances.....sux, now I have the time, but no money.

DSCN1264.JPG

mgtstumpy, dwollam, brEad and 4 others like this.
  27. 392

I hear ya RMR&C. Play money for many is done and could be norm. I’ll say again nice build.

chriseakin, RMR&C and loudbang like this.
  28. Nothing! Haven't touched it since spring. I took on a large rust repair project for a customer and just haven't had any time. Hopefully soon!

29. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Dang
    I was sure hoping someone was making progress. I have been stalled on my project as well.
    Hopefully soon (I keep saying that and time keeps flying by)
    Good luck

chryslerfan55, RMR&C and loudbang like this.