Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Evening

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 9Manchu, Feb 5, 2020.

1. 9Manchu

9Manchu

Hello from Western Wisconsin. I have come across this site a couple of times over the years when researching tech for differing off topic cars. I haven't had a compelling reason to join until recently as I've acquired a '32 Ford pickup for a father/daughter project. She likes to grow pumpkins and give them to friends and family so we convinced Mom we needed a cool delivery vehicle.

I'm in the process of collecting parts and deciding whether to build the original banger or stuff in a '53 Desoto.

Regards

Attached Files:

rbrewer, J_J2, pprather and 3 others like this.
  2. Welcome to the site, gotta love a '32 pickup. HRP

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  3. Cool truck and looks like a good helper ya got there ;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome 9. Gotta love a guy with a '32:)

And THANKS for participating in the Shift Knob - AKF auction !

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Welcome 9Manchu. Looks like a great project for you and the little one. Keep us posted as the two of you make progress...............Don.:)

7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Cant wait to watch this one progress. Build thread??

8. 9Manchu

9Manchu

That is a good question and one I have put some thought into it before you asked. I've done build "threads" before on cars I've had, but I've always built a dedicated website to do so. The sites were mainly to have a record of the tear down for reference purposes. This is my first vehicle older than 1958 and it will be built in the Tradition of Hot Rodding, therefore it may not be a "traditional hot rod" by this forum's standards. I should qualify that further by saying "my definition of the Tradition of Hot Rodding." Even with the occasional hypocrisy that occurs here I respect the intentions of the site's creators.

So to answer your question there will be a build thread, it just may not be on this forum.

Since this is an introductory thread here is a bit about me:
    I have been on the world wide web before most people in the world knew what a modem was. Before the Internet I was a member of a few dial-up chat rooms (nothing of the sexual nature I assure you,) so over the years I've developed pretty thick skin. Nothing bothers me; TYPING IN ALL CAPS, punctuation, spelling, grammar, stupid questions, repeated questions, reviving long dead posts. If I can contribute I contribute, if I can learn I learn, if there is nothing there for me, I do like 99% of users and just move along.

There are two exceptions however, that do bother me.
    Posts that bitch about repeated questions and demand the originator do a search and posts that bitch about someone reviving and old post. More often than not those posts come from the same person who cannot recognize the irony and see the Catch 22. These posts are a waste of my time and life is too damn short as most of us know. When I do searches, half of the information I was looking for comes from posts that started with a repeated question or a post that was revived.

There are two reason's I finally joined this forum,
    Every time I come across a post where someone is risking carpal tunnel by typing the same complaint for the 500th time about some perceived injustice there are 20 people ignoring them to answer the question or provide encouragement or to offer constructive advice. Most of the posts I have seen on this site are truly incredible. I have a wife and 4 very active kids with one each in college, high school, middle school, and elementary. I own the company I work for with 36 other employees (but like the majority of small business owners I'm still waiting for my ship to come in.) I literally have a coffee can hidden in my garage with all of my hobby money in it because its just "easier that way." The reason I mention the can is the money in it came from work other than my 7 to 5 job. So I have a full and complete understanding that time is the most valuable resource we will ever have. So for someone to take time out of their day to write a post twice as long as this drawn out turd, to answer a newb's question that has been been asked 20 times before, without complaint, is truly inspirational to me. But what sealed the deal was that damn auction, for personal reasons it's just something I felt compelled to be a part of.

If I were to start a build thread I would want to ask questions how and when I want. I would not be tolerant of the douchebaggery that seems to creep up from time to time on this forum in a thread that I created. But I didn't create this forum and even though this isn't my first rodeo, I am new here. Perhaps the best course of action would not to create one here. Besides with my schedule and coffee can budget it is going to be one long drawn out thread.

So I'm here to learn as much as I can, other than this initial flurry you may not see me post often (and definitely not as long) as I want to remain respectful of the moderators rules and guidelines but hell since this post alone violated the majority of them you might not hear from me again...

I don't think there are grammer police on this forum but in case any of you are in the closet, I left you a plenty of Easter Eggs to come out and find.

My warmest regards.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  9. 9Manchu

9Manchu

Crap I keep forgetting this is the internet. Please do not read the prior post as some kind of manifesto or indictment of anything.

10. Here is a photo of my Deuce pickup, unfortunately I sent it down the road a couple of years ago.

[​IMG]

BTW, you have access to your own album here and can post photo's very easy from there, it's also a good place for your build photo's.

If you truck is not going to be 100% traditional post the text and photo's in the
    The Hokey Ass Message Board section. HRP

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  11. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

You really need to do a search on "traditional". Hahaha kidding.

Your project sounds great and the reason for the build is what grabbed my attention. If you don't do a build here link the build in your signature so we can follow along.

12. 9Manchu

9Manchu

HotRod - I almost come to tears if I think about some of the vehicles I've sent down the road. Your truck would be one of them. I can see I'm going to be picking your brain.

KJ - You have nailed my sense of humor perfectly.