Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anyone have Pictures of a 364 Nailhead with AC?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wavetrain75, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Wavetrain75

Wavetrain75

But not power steering? I need to see how the belts run.

I dragged home a 1957 Buick Special. It was an unfinished restoration with the engine room mostly disassembled. All pulleys and the generator and related mounting brackets were were missing altogether.

I am adding air conditioning. I'm looking for a good picture or drawing of the belt routing for a 364 with AC and without power steering. There are a few pictures that pop up in a net search but I haven't found one the clearly shows the combination I need.

I have seen installations that run the AC compressor off a small belt from the alternator. I have a dual belt alternator that I could use in place of the generator.

TQTE2656.jpg

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

No pic of my setup handy but I have AC and alt on the nailhead in my ‘50 Chevy. Had Roe Creager who owns Streetrod Bracketry build me some brackets and he added them to his catalog.actually the pic on his website is the one he took of his setup mounted on my nailhead before I installed it in my car.
    http://www.streetrodbracketry.com/kits.php?ShowPart=50

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  3. bhemi

bhemi

Those aren't exactly low priced. The referral to Russ at Centerville is a good tip. I was thinking trying to find brackets from a 1966 Riviera may be a good choice. They had a 425 in a tight engine compartment as they shared the body with the Toronado and Eldorado both front wheel drive cars. Most Riv's had air and '66 was only year of nailhead in that body.

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Russ Martin sells Streetrodbracketry’s brackets too and they are higher. Roe guarantees his brackets to be the strongest on the market. The pic on Russ’s website of the #6001 brackets installed in a car is a pic Roe took of my ‘50 after I installed them.