Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Starstruck by a Stocker

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Feb 7, 2020.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Starstruck by a Stocker

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Blank canvas.

3. dropped headlight bar, spare tire removed, dropped axle. Big and littles. Since it's San Francisco... an automatic. V8 and chop for next week.

4. BLAKE

BLAKE

Great write-up, @J.Ukrop... not to mention them impressive quick-draw camera skills!!! ;)

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I often mention how much cooler these cars are in the wild. A car you’d knit pick at a show or event you’d fall over yourself and chase it down the street if you saw it at the grocery store

6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

It needs absolutely nothing. There has to be a few cars that are left just the way they rolled off the line some 88 years ago.

7. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Maybe I'm just an asshole hot rodder, but ditch that tire off the back along with the bumpers, bolt in a dropped axle, add some steelies...

But I'm glad there are still people that appreciate it for what it is and leave it stock. I couldn't do it.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Inthemitten

Inthemitten

Man... I know many have said it before but it's pure hot rod right from the factory. Maybe it's because we're so use to seeing them chopped and fenderless, but it looks damn good!

Chebby belair, Just Gary and loudbang like this.
  9. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

That is just beautiful and although they make great hot rods that example deserves to stay stock IMO.

I think Ford's made from 1928-1941 are some of the best looking cars ever made, both stock and modified if done with taste and finesse.
    Now I think I'm gonna need a stocker of some sort when my hot rod Phaeton build is done.

loudbang likes this.
  10. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Very nice, the king of closed cars in my view...
    The nations silent Sawzalls tremble in anticipation of taking a couple inches out the windows...
    even mine... I have sold a '34 fiver body because it was too good to cut... and I like to cut...

loudbang likes this.
  11. 42˚18'N 83˚09'W

42˚18'N 83˚09'W

When you see a beautiful woman walking down the street, do you look at her and think about what you would change? No of course not. Then why would you change this beautiful lady. Just admire her beauty as she passes by and enjoy the way it makes you feel...

12. sololobo

sololobo

What a stunner, I would vote for a dropped axle and call it good. All the mentioned deletes would take some of its original charms in my opinion. Thanx for sharing this knockout.

loudbang likes this.
  13. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like it’s already a hot rod, with those 16” Kelsey’s. Beautiful car!

14. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finally a 32 Ford with the correct “stance”.

Chebby belair and loudbang like this.
  15. guy1unico

guy1unico

4218 N 83 09W...couldnt have said it better

loudbang likes this.
  16. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

I'd have to have dual pipes before anything else … 17'' Douglass steelpacks would be just right.

Crocodile, Elcohaulic and loudbang like this.
  17. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I think you travelled into a time warp... did it disappear as it rolled down the street?

J.Ukrop and loudbang like this.
  18. Stunning.
    Makes me want to buy a B'ville! Sure can't afford a gennie!

19. I would love to have that, need to preserve a couple of stock 32's for the future. Would be a neat time machine to be able to drive it in all stock configuration.

20. Jarek Thompson

Jarek Thompson

According to the judges at the GNRS it needs flames, a LS and an IFS—but I say fuck that... Just make it go fast and look cool

kevinrevin likes this.
  21. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

This showed up at the Austin airport while I was waiting for my ride. I don't believe it had anything to do with the Roundup.
    IMG_4092-2.jpg

kidcampbell71 and Tim like this.
  22. Deuce Bob

Deuce Bob

23. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Beautiful car. However, I thought only the stand coupe or the Model B would have the painted and stainless wrapped light bar? Correct me if I'm wrong.

24. Flamed48

Flamed48

[​IMG]
    In My opinion gm got it right in the 50s and 60s there cars look great stock and most only really need an altitude adjustment to refine them even further

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. Texas Drifter

Texas Drifter

Only thing I'd do would be install hydraulic brakes. Otherwise leave it alone! In congested traffic, mechanical brakes just don't get it done. Been there and done that. But "O My God" what a georges automobile!

26. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wonder if it still has the one barrel carb.

27. redo32

redo32

All '32's had the same headlight bar that had painted ends and the stainless wrap. Only difference was the hole for the V8 emblem. The trucks were all black. My book says that in June they put an additional 9/16" forward arch in the bar to give more clearance for the grille bar.

This 3 window has chrome ends on the headlight bar and if you blow the picture up it appears to me to have a chrome rear window frame and you can make out the bright edge of the inside of the door window moulding (the glass side). With before mentioned 16" bent spoke Kelsey Hayes wheels that makes this a Hot Rod and not the pristeen restored car you thought it was. Maybe it has a SBC.

bowie likes this.
  28. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

The only thing I would change on it would be the location where I was driving it. Driving a car like that in San Francisco, no way.

29. silverdome

silverdome

The only thing I would change is the owner, that is if I had the money to make it happen.

30. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I'd love to find some Douglass Steel packs..