Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Valentines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rbantique, Feb 13, 2011.

1. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

2. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Time to bump this

Stogy likes this.
  3. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

val 3.jpg val 2.jpg val 5.jpg val 9.jpg val 7.jpg val 8.jpg val 1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Ron Funkhouser and Stogy like this.
  4. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks. I'll share these with my Valentine on her birthday Februaary 14th.;)

5. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Cut and Paste an image if you forgot to buy one !! to linda.jpg

Ron Funkhouser and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic Collection of Vintage Cool @rbantique...thanks for sharing these...;)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  7. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-2-14_8-36-38.png ENLARGE OR MAKE IT SMALLER.
    Hello,

Insert your own photos and colors. It makes a simple, but effective card for the last minute gift. Make it a business card, a last minute email, or with a surrounding envelope, a short notice gift with a box of chocolates.

A Happy Valentine’s Day gift for your grandkids, wife or girlfriend goes over well on this day.

Jnaki

Note: any photo can be made to fit over the three photo inserts. Pick your photo and shrink to fit…as simple as an apple pie. The heart folds down into the card and the card folds in half. Just make a simple 4 sided envelope, fold to the center, and hand deliver for a surprise.

This one is for the HAMB offices/Moderators/Post readers: Thanks for accepting my stories, films, and photos. There is a love of hot rods, cruisers, trucks, old drag racing, and "Kustom Kulture," coming from out West. Even though it is wet and rainy, as it is today.
    upload_2019-2-14_8-38-19.png

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  8. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

9. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting these I print and cut out one and pass it on to
    my girl each year !

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  10. And I was just happy finding the original formula Necco candy hearts this year.

11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-2-11_5-22-24.png Tuesday Art
    Hello,

As long as we have been together, my wife and I do special things for those commercial holidays, like Valentine’s Day. Sure, it is much easier to buy a set of cards and hand them out like we used to do in elementary school, but we are a little older now. So, a creative way to do custom cut, art cards is a process, but doable for anyone with fine drawing and cutting skills. Here is a project that will take a short while to finish. You have 3 days to make one or several. It gets easier the more you make.

1. Pop up card outline upload_2020-2-11_5-17-1.png
    2. Cut sides with X-ACTO knife upload_2020-2-11_5-18-1.png
    3. Draw the red convertible or your own hot rod photo. upload_2020-2-11_5-22-32.png
    4. Center and glue to fold out upload_2020-2-11_5-23-20.png
    5. Add in the drawing or your photo upload_2020-2-11_5-23-54.png
    6. upload_2020-2-11_5-24-27.png The whole process of this finished card, other than making the envelope out of one sheet of paper, is to write something nice inside and sign it. It took 42 minutes to select, print, cut, fold, glue and put on the colorful final outside sheet for the finished look.
    7. Option: add in a pop out dangling heart with the person’s name on it upload_2020-2-11_5-30-50.png
    8. fold a card stock strip into triangles upload_2020-2-11_5-33-26.png
    9. add the red heart
    upload_2020-2-11_5-34-17.png
    10. add in your handwritten comments or paste commercial sayings…
    11. add a thin sheet of smooth colored paper for a sealed backsheet.
    upload_2020-2-11_5-35-32.png
    12. upload_2020-2-11_5-36-20.png Need an envelope? Here is an expandable design to fit your custom card.

It is a home-made card, so there will be some little defects. But, it is the only one of its kind and therefore, rare. Our granddaughter loves something special and this one was for her. Since she moved to her last house at age three, she has been awed at the sight and sound of the neighborhood hot rod guy’s car that lives down the street. It is a mild custom Ford Falcon Sprint model with a mean sounding motor. It sits on a slight rake and cruises down the street to get out of the tract. So, we have been seeing the red convertible cruise by a zillion times.
    upload_2020-2-11_5-37-34.png

At first, our granddaughter would run to the edge of the garage opening. She would then stand and look at the cool convertible idling by. She did wave many times. It was like watching a parade with a celebrity waving back. Then she would get back to whatever we were all doing inside of the garage play area. Drawing, painting, make believe acting, skating on scooters, etc. She was a "do all" kind of little toddler. But, the minute she heard that rumbling sound, she always ran to the edge of the garage to look at the red convertible.
    upload_2020-2-11_5-38-16.png
    Jnaki

Well, it had been 11 years and she is now a 14 year old teenager on the lookout for her first car. A Jeep 4 door vehicle like her friend’s dad owns, a smaller 2 door Jeep hard top shell were her two choices around several months ago. I know from pricing insurance for our son, both of those are a little steep for a teenager. Well can you imagine the cost of a cool vintage hot rod convertible? We might have to consider a bigger sedan to start off before she goes away to college.

So, here is a card in steps that anyone can make to fit their needs. It was fun to draw the red convertible as it brought back plenty of younger day memories of playing in our granddaughter’s yard and garage. We were a couple of old folks spirited back into service as a couple of young teenagers with plenty of energy to run around for hours without a nap!!!

It was a fun project and our granddaughter still likes surprises.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    rbantique and D type like this.
  12. Valentine, Arizona

holiday Valentine, Arizona.jpg

tb33anda3rd, juan motime and D type like this.