Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need help 1960 ford f100 turn signal diagram

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jackedupford, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Jackedupford

Jackedupford

I am rewiring my truck and i cant find a diagram for the turn signal on a 60 ford f100

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. goldmountain

goldmountain

It is good to see young guys interested in our hobby. Just look up any combination of words on "turn signals" in the Hamb and you should find lots of information. Don't obsess over finding a diagram with the proper colors and such but buy a cheap VOM meter and trace the various circuits in the switch.

Jackedupford likes this.
  3. Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Had a look for mine, couldn’t locate it. Google is where I found it, just do a search, ya I know you can get a lot of unrelated crap and it gets frustrating but occasionally you find what you want

Jackedupford likes this.
  4. Jackedupford likes this.

5. Jackedupford

Jackedupford

Im using my orignal turn signal switch so im still figuring out all the wires

6. Jackedupford

Jackedupford

How do suggest i trace the circuts? im still a little new to this type of wiring.

7. I had to trace the circuits in my column. The stripes on the wire were all washed out, but I could tell what the basic colors were on most. Write down a table of all of the functions, think there are between 8 and 10 wires total. See if you can read the wire colors on the other side of the column plug. One will be the horn wire, easy to isolate.

8. I got all excited that I could help out until I remembered that the wiring diagram I have for my '60 won't help you because my truck has a painless wiring harness and an aftermarket turn signal switch.:confused:

But, I went on a quick search and found these. Hope this helps.

The first thread has succumb to photobuckets crap as far as the actual diagram, but, there is a pretty decent picture of the back of that turn signal switch to give you a reference, I guess.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/59-f100-wiring-problem.871960/

Anyway, that thread links to this one, and this one has some really good info.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/turn-signal-wiring-how-to.869492/

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Jackedupford likes this.
  9. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

At one time I had found all the original diagrams for my 61. Theyre out there with some hard core google time.

If you havent gotten everything going yet. I'd highly recommend just buying a new harness from @REBEL43 and going that route. Itll save a lot of headaches! AND the guys at rebel wire are super knowledgeable and helpful

Jackedupford likes this.
  10. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Buy a copy of the Ford Truck Shop Manual. It has all the wiring diagrams. Either in ye olde fashioned paper and ink, or digital download. You want a shop manual anyway. Nod your head "Yes"...

11. Jackedupford

Jackedupford

I actually have a rebel wiring harness for my truck im redoing all the wiring still.

12. 6sally6

6sally6

Check fyifordmustangsteve .com
    He's "doing" an early 60's pick up now. Knowledgeable fella.
    6sally6

Jackedupford likes this.
  13. Jackedupford

Jackedupford

14. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

56 ford turn signals.jpg What about this?

15. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

They used that light blue flasher wire for a while in the early 60's. I usually bench test them starting with that. Put power to the flasher wire, turn left and right, check for power and label them left and right...that leaves the brake wire. Put the switch in the off position and put power to the brake wire...check for power and label those 2 rear (you already know left and right)...this tells you front and rear, now you have left front, right front, left rear, right rear, flasher and brake lights