Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nashville Swap Meet....FOLLOW UP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Good to meet you as well!
    Be glad that you weren't a vendor. We had to park up on the hill, behind the old buildings, in the pitch black, at 5:00 AM and catch a shuttle or walk down. Hopefully that will be improved on next year. If I had thought, it would have been a lot closer to pay the fee and park in the spectator lot.

2. unfinished

unfinished

I was near you in space A27. I arrived early Saturday and was able to drive right in the building to unload. Some of the folks working there said next year we would be given times to arrive and unload based on your booth location. I was able to drive up to the grassy area in the center of the buildings and start packing at around 1:30. I bet if you waited till 3 pm it was quite a bottleneck. Hopefully next year will go a little smoother.

3. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Hello 56don. I went to the swap meet with early Corvette 5.5 (65-66 Vette) wheels on my shopping list. If the wheels you bought are 3869156 wheels I would be interested.

4. Where did you drive in the building? On the same grassy side that is floor level? I imagine that the city won't be happy with the condition of their sod.
    Leaving wasn't bad, like you said. Left at 4:00.
    Next year you can setup on Friday until 2:30.

5. unfinished

unfinished

They let us drive in on the side opposite of the grass early Saturday morning. It was over by the covered sheds. There were several trucks pulling inside to unload.. They just asked us to unload and drive out without doing any setting up. I kinda thought driving on that grass was not a great long term plan. They had given the vendors around me permission to pull up on the grass and load on Sunday afternoon. Overall it seemed to go pretty smooth for the first year.
    It did seem that the areas of grass would be more useful as gravel and pavement.