Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got Creeper? Low buck redneck tech!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FiddyFour, Jul 1, 2006.

1. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

OK... enough Mini Cooper, streetroderiffic threads for a while. . . that shit makes me wanna barf in a bag...

anyhow. . .

next time you are at a garage sale and see someone selling one of those usless wooden creepers for a buck, or see one sittin on the curb waitin disposal, dont turn your nose up till you see this pic. . . it really IS worth 1000 words

Tranny dolly for a buck, or even FREE. screw the man :cool:

[​IMG]

2. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

that's a BOP bellhousing...watcha putting that in?

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

52 willys PU :cool:

PS... its OG from a late 70's/early 80's Caddy, gettin stuffed behind a "Four-Double-Nickle" Byooick from a 72 electra 225

4. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

:rolleyes: Damn, I need a BOP tranny, too......

5. I'll never forget when my old man backed over his creeper with the '57,,,,no problem, cut the dammaged 1/3 off, reinstall the wheels................... instant Super-High Manuverability creeper:D I bet he still has it.
    Yankee ingenuity/thriftyness at its finest.
    Brett

6. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

that oughta be fun as shit...good luck keeping tires on that bitch.

i'm putting a 455 olds in my daily with a t56 behind it. if i have a 3.08 rear, 27" tires and have a .70 final drive and hit 6000rpm in 6th...viola, 220 mph in a granny car:D

7. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

Still got em and still love em BUT I dig the hell out of my lift after creeping,doing the yard/gravel driveway crawl for nearly 40 years. It's
    nice to not lay down unless I want to!
    Rod

8. Wildfire

Wildfire

Yeah, they work great for sliding a tranny under. You can then use a a cherry picker to lift the tranny into position throught the floor shift hole. Makes it easy on us guys who can't do the the old bench press technique.

9. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

10. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

there's the chevy bolt pattern which has a bolt top center and the BOP (Buick, Olds, Pontiac and cadillac but that's not part of the acronym) pattern with that valley in the middle you see there.

11. squirrel

squirrel

I've been putting trannys on worn out creepers for years...nice tip!

that tranny is a caddy, most likely, with that extra long tail, and the caddy blue dipstick tube

12. screwtheman

screwtheman

Reminds me of how every skater I've ever known has used a skateboard to move something. I think my biggest thing was a heavy ass solid wood entertainment center. :D

13. Olson

Olson

Hell I'm not even a skate boarder and I used one to move a stove a few weeks ago. My oldest boy got home and said "who used my board"...

Thanks for the idea, Fiddy...doin' a tranny r/r for a bud of mine this weekend.

Olson

14. repoman

repoman

Hey! I'M THE MAN!

15. Why use your creeper when the local grocery store has plenty of tranny dollys all over the parking lot? :D bring a hacksaw and a pick up truck.

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

THIEF!!! :eek::p . . . 'sides, thems fer motors :eek:

17. ground_pounder

ground_pounder

when i used to deliver bread, would find spare old rack dollies around, most grocery stores got them just sitting out back, i used to grab the ones that had a bad wheel and would dump racks, take them outa commission b/4 i spent a hour picking up my load off the ground. right now i got a few motors sitting on tire dollies i am not using at the moment.