Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Don's DRD57 post '39 Standard Coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Fogger, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Fogger

Fogger

Don posted a photo of a '39 Standard Ford 3W on his GNRS coverage. Anyone know details on the car, who built it and if they used '36 3W doors and possibly the roof. My favorite car at the show. P1090148.JPG

hotrodfil and alfin32 like this.
  2. Fogger

Fogger

Looking at additional photos of the 3W it could be a '35 or '36 with latter front sheetmetal. Great up grade and looks like it was very well done.

3. 39wagon

39wagon

It looks like it may have taken a bit more work than just swapping front sheet metal. The windshield/cowl appears to be from a '39 (split windshield) and perhaps the front of the doors also. Quite a bit of work went into this and the results are stunning! Any more pic's of this?

4. DRD57

DRD57

I only know what I can deduce from seeing it. The rear fenders, decklid and windshield are not 36.
    My guess is the builder modified the roof and doors of the 39 or possibly used these parts from a 36.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. The roof is modified '39.....He had a build book...very well done...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

From Just reading what guys said.... Already... Can't wait to hear what it is...
    Beautiful on All accounts!!! Damn!

7. flat 39

flat 39

From what I can see in the picture, It appears to be a stock '39 roof with the addition of the modified longer 2 door sedan doors and moving the rear door pillar back. Very well done.

8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Woody Smith is the owner from Merritt Island, FL. It’s a 38 Deluxe Highly Modified by using Longer 2dr sedan doors for length and the coupe doors for rear the curves. The whole roof has been slid forward and shortened and the deck & lid lengthened to emulated a baby Lincoln.
    It took 3rd in class in modified coupe, look underneath and you’ll see a Winters QC,
    The wheels designed by Foose similar to the ones on Chip’s personal coupe and machined by Mile Curtis Machine.

9. Fogger

Fogger

Kevin, Thanks for the clarification on the year. The coupe deserves a full build coverage in the Rodders Journal.

10. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Here is a picture I took. IMG_7696.JPG

hotrodfil likes this.