Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1928 roadster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 67cst, Jan 30, 2020.

1. 67cst

67cst

Hey guys, it’s been ages since I’ve been here on the H.A.M.B. A bit of lurking to get information but that’s about it.

I started the build about 3 years ago. I picked up a nice after market perimeter chassis, 30/31 cab, box and some real nice ‘31 fenders and boards. My plan was to build a nice little shop truck. I chopped the cab 3”. [​IMG][​IMG]

Early in the build my Dad turned me onto a roadster body that was available locally. I ended up buying the body. My cab and box were sold within a couple of days to a friend. [​IMG][​IMG]

This was my second build, the first a ‘31 coupe on deuce rails with an Flathead. I wanted to keep the traditional look but have all the modern comforts this time. I also figured building the roadster differently from the coupe will be a good learning curve.

[​IMG][​IMG]

After a fair bit of fitting and re working the roadster parts I was satisfied with overall look of the hood/grille/shelves etc. [​IMG]

I dropped a ‘32 headlight bar and welded in a cowl vent from a mid 30’s international pickup. Because I was running a “tanks” 32 style tank in the rear I figured the filler had to go on the cowl. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I went with a 5.3 Ls motor/ 4 spd auto. Trying to do my best to keep it looking like an old small block I put a carburetor on it along with adapters and sbc valve covers. I hid the coil packs behind the dash with the rest of the wiring. It’s got an 8.8” rear. [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

IronFord, ClarkH, dana barlow and 3 others like this.
  2. bct

bct

nice work neighbor. see you on the road.

3. Papas32

Papas32
    from No.Ia.

that sucker's beautiful!

4. A Boner

A Boner

Your roadster looks great!
    What size tires are you running, front and rear? On the rear, what is the rim size and offset?
    -Thanks.

5. 67cst

67cst

Thanks fellas. The tires are 8.20x15 in the rear. 15x8 rim with 4.25” BS. Fronts are 5.60x15 on 15x5 3.5” BS. I narrowed the long axle tube on the 8.8, it centered the pinion and gave me an extra inch or two of room in the fenders for the rubber.

6. 67cst

67cst

Rear shot to show tire fitment

[​IMG]

7. catdad49

catdad49

With a roadster like that, I doubt that you are missing "the shop truck"! Great Job.

8. brady1929

brady1929

Beautiful roadster.

9. 32fenderless

32fenderless

Nice hot rod. Bet it’s a ball to drive.