Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1955 pontiac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gary forbes, Jan 30, 2020.

Tags:
?
  1. ||?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gary forbes

gary forbes

hi just got a 55 Pontiac 2dr post and was going to look at new tierods and balljoints…. before I ordered 55 CHEV parts I seem to find that the Pontiac was different. Any suggestion as to where I can find Pontiac specific parts

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Any pics? Canadian pontiacs are the same as Chevy, shorter nose with the Chevy chassis

Johnny Gee likes this.
  4. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

5. Stooge

Stooge

6. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

california pontiac restoration, that who i buy all my stuff from. never had a problem. rockauto is a good source also.........john

7. Kanter mite have em...

8. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I have a '55 Pontiac Chieftain 2 dr sedan project that I acquired a few years ago thinking that since it is a '55 Chevy's ugly sister it would be fun and easy to resurrect the car. WRONG! most body panel interchange, but that is about it. All of the chassis parts are very different. Kanter, Ames, California Pontiac Restoration aka CPR are good sources for US manufactured '55 Pontiac parts. I wish now that I had looked for a Canadian built car as they are on the Chevrolet chassis. Also US and Canadian front clips and hoods do not interchange as the Canadian ones are about 2 inches shorter. Also go to pontiacsafari.com for lots of good info and tech tips.

9. Tommy2Times

Tommy2Times
    from NE Ohio

Gary,
    I have a '56 Chieftain that I'm preparing to put a straight axle under. I bought it last year and the front suspension was completely rebuilt and has never been on the road since. It looks like new. It also has a disc brake conversion. Where are you located? I'm in NE Ohio. I can post pics if you're interested.
    Tom

10. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

that seems like a good connection Gary