Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest My 40 year friend and racing partner, Bruce Geisler.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saltracer219, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Bruce Geisler #253 1956 SR-1 Corvette at El Mirage.jpg
    Bruce Geisler #246 '56 Vette at Bonneville.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Hotrodmyk, Spooky and stanlow69 like this.
  2. Bruce was a One Off guy to say the least. He set the mark pretty high. He did and was what all the Young Guns are trying copy. Good luck with that. He's a grate on to try to copy no doubt. If anyone gets even half way there you will have been a very busy and well connected to have accomplished that much.

Spooky and HEMI32 like this.
  3. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

I had met Bruce a few times through a mutual acquaintance. He definitely was the real deal, and to step into his shop was like being at a museum. God speed Brucie!

Bandit Billy and Pist-n-Broke like this.
  4. Mike henson

Mike henson

I had the extreme privilege of knowing A Bruce, when I barely knew him, he invited me to build my coupe in his home garage, his only request was that I show up every day and get at least one thing done a day. We brought the body to his house in the bed of his pink pickup.
    6 months later we drove the coupe around the block, no brakes, no floor, no seat. But we did.
    That was at least 20 years ago.....the biggest part of this is that I have the frame from his red roadster pick up under my car, and the quick change.
    Just to make sure that when I called to talk with him he knew it was me, I always addressed him as 219.... when the stude was at bonneville I was able to do some camera work of the car and crew.
    Thank you Bruce, you were the pal, the uncle, brother I wish I had.

Bruce will be dearly missed by myself and plenty of other car and race fans.

Mike aka 218 1/2 Henson
    South Florida

Spooky and saltracer219 like this.
  5. Spooky

Spooky

What a great salute to another hot rod hero.

saltracer219 likes this.
  6. I didn’t know him- but he sounds like he was the kind of guy a lot of us would like to be.
    Deepest sympathies to his family and friends RIP

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

Terrible.

Sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to all who knew and loved him.