Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need help identifying a body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rob Levan, Dec 15, 2019.

1. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

maybe he is buying it for parts. or he has the ability to fix it. i could build something nice out of that. i have seen worse shit on here where talented people have built a fine rod out of. you people who are ragging on it are either credit card rodders or don't have any talent or imagination to see what can be done with it. now if you are a pro builder i can see why you wouldn't want it. you don't even know how much $$ they want for it.

2. Guess he shouldn't have called it a rat rod huh? Doesn't matter what the body is if you are buying it for parts.

3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I feel all warm and fuzzy. This IS like the old HAMB it's not dead!! :D

scotty t, VANDENPLAS, Baumi and 4 others like this.
  4. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

So you pissed in your pants again, big deal

theHIGHLANDER and VANDENPLAS like this.
  5. williebill

williebill

That's a 1930 Clusterfuck. Sadly, not all that rare.

6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I see a bunch of parts. Take away some, add some more and you might end up with a decent car. As it sets, I wouldn't give a lot for it, it needs to be totally disassembled and stuff went through real well.

7. Keep the title and scrap everything else.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Page 2 and the OP hasn't replied, makes one wonder. Bob

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. When I opened the thread I couldn't help myself I had to post a mean reply.

10. [QUOTE="flatheadgary, post: 13364928, member: 35861] i have seen worse shit on here where talented people have built a fine rod out of. you people who are ragging on it are either credit card rodders or don't have any talent or imagination to see what can be done with it. now if you are a pro builder i can see why you wouldn't want it. you don't even know how much $$ they want for it.[/QUOTE].......I think you're missing the whole point here. If someone comes on here and starts discussing the dreaded R.. R.. without even bothering to take a few minutes to determine what this site is all about sorta deserves the flak he gets.

11. Wouldn't mind having the radiator shell- it's off a Chevrolet 490 :rolleyes:

12. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

If you want some information you just ask. Especially if you are new. He used the dreaded R words- so what? I've seen the F word and lots of other profanity on here and people don't seem to care or mind it but you better not mention Rat Rod- oh my God!! I am new and I guess I don't understand though in a way I do, I guess. If some one asked a question about a C6 transmission on a Chevy site-Sorta like that?? But if the OP found this thing and was just asking about it? There is a guy who asked on FTE about putting the engine out of a 2000 Taurus in a 48 F1! He sort of got harrased/belittled at first until it was noted that he was 19 years old. You don't know until you know...

13. Everyone is so fucking sensitive these days....sheesh....

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

By the title, I thought you were going to need dental and a finger print match,

Old wolf likes this.
  15. It kinder more gentle HAMB these days!

Old wolf and VANDENPLAS like this.
  16. The OP said he was looking at it, he didn't say he was "buying it"... maybe they are paying him to haul it away and he is trying to figure out how much to charge them.
    Chappy

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"NEED HELP IDENTIFYING A BODY"

Male or female?

Where did you find the remains?

What were you doing that you happened upon this?

Can you account for your whereabouts before today?

Would you be willing to take a polygraph?

Or simply follow the above ID, cuz I also think it's a "Walter P." from 30 or so. Not that it matters any longer given the degree of, of, uh...

18. Chances are it's:

a) Jimmy Hoffa
    b) Elvis
    c) Andy Kaufman

19. I’ll finish that for you theHighlander, Not that it matters any longer given the degree of fucked upitness.

theHIGHLANDER and Old wolf like this.
  20. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm pretty sure that IS a panhard bar.

Rampant pussification is directly related to the insistence that we all be so politically correct.Fuck that!

21. The OP must be a wuss he hasn't responded. When I was a FNG I was given a hard time. I came back and gave as good as I got. Went from a FNG to a grenade inspector in a couple of days.

lothiandon1940 and The37Kid like this.
  22. It IS a Plymouth visor, but the rest is NOT Plymouth or Chrysler product. The reveals on the sides and doors are not the same.

The37Kid likes this.
  23. Ah there's nothing like a little sand in your vagina :D I've been called an asshole and a credit card car builder all in one day. I want to officially apologize to every pussy that i may have offended. Now i have to go pay my credit card bill, order more billet parts, electric fans, IFS kits, etc...

24. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, the old itchy MANgina. Really makes folks cranky, don't it?

25. Personally, I like it! (But then again, I like mosquitoes...)

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  26. Oh I'd fix a few issues with it and drive the hell out of it! But i wouldn't tell any of you judgmental dick heads lmao! Kinda like fat girls, they're lots of fun until your buddies catch you with one o_O:rolleyes:

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  27. bchctybob

bchctybob

I guess some folks need to be reminded that this is a website focused on traditional hot rods and like all websites it’s, “poster beware”. Especially if you decide not to read the rules or to ignore them. A stray wanders into new territory he’s liable to get barked at some before he settles in.... get over it.
    As for the car, seeing as how I’m in California, if it has a legal title I would evaluate the parts and if the price is right de-rat it, maybe rebody it, and you could make a decent hot rod out of it. As it is, the shifter and the driver says it all.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and Old wolf like this.
  28. just Mike

just Mike

It probably doesn’t have any bump steer :rolleyes:

29. greaseSlinger57

greaseSlinger57

I know Rob Levan! He just recently acquired a very H.A.M.B. friendly vehicle! Check his avatar. He’ll post it here soon. Cool car, Rob!!