Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Single finger speed shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Peter Nowak, Jan 24, 2020.

1. http://www.norfolkn.com/
    Anybody here have any experience with them ?
    Placed an order on the 3rd and have not heard about any delivery.
    Email goes unanswered.

panhead_pete and Stogy like this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Never heard of them but wish you luck.

3. Their name might be a clue as to their customer service.

Dino 64, loudbang, fordflambe and 2 others like this.
  4. Yes indeed

5window likes this.

5. Budget36

Budget36

Web page looks like some sort of extremist thing.

Good luck.

6. Purchase is through paypal so i may not be bad off there.

7. Stogy likes this.
  8. Yeah i never even seen anything for sale lol. But i feel so dirty now :confused:

Tall t 26 and Budget36 like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes but a different handle...
    @theHIGHLANDER

Just a PM away...;)

Here's his 39 ford build thread and he is quite the talent...and is very accomplished with Faux Woodgrain on dashes and Trim among many other things...

His Hotrod Sedan Thread at link below...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/39-standard-tudor-build-thread.985444/

One thing I have a concern about and Highlander can verify is if the Norfolk Address is indeed a legitimate version of his address posted in his profile...

http://www.singlefingerspeedshop.com

Do websites have dual addresses?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  10. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Not me....tee shirt sales, look sketchy

11. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I, for one, am a Jocko fan, the HAMB is a better place for the likes of him. Never done business with him but I’m sure there is a good answer and outcome involved. PM him

tb33anda3rd, Peter Nowak and Stogy like this.
  12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey folks, that's not me. Yes I am part of that club (gang?) which is essentially a diverse group gearheads and engineers in the OEMs as well as shop owners and just plain ol folk, all of "us" with similar interests and history. @safari-wagon is your guy. He's been out of town off n on for a few weeks. He's also TECH/AFX for ethanol safe fuel lines and such. Known him and been dear friends for over 40 years. I know he's weening off the swag gig for now but I'm sure he's not opposed to selling current stock. Reach out to him here, and I'll mention the action next time we speak. For the record he always has been and remains one of the good guys in this life.

13. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"theHIGHLANDER". I have to say that I am seriously confused by your post. In it, you start by saying "Hey folks, that's not me. ", but the "Signature" on the bottom of your post sure says different. I have to agree that the web page reference is really "off the wall". To each his own, but a quick scan of it was enough for me. I wouldn't consider doing any kind of business with them.

He may be a good guy and all, but I sure wouldn't advertise any kind of business relationship with him, that's for sure. As I said, it's all very confusing.

14. williebill

williebill

I read his post, and I'm not confused at all. Sounds to me that the HIGHLANDER is part of a gang of interesting gearheads that don't literally work together at a speed shop called Single Finger, but are part of a group with that name. The website had some crazy stuff on it, but so what. HIGHLANDER's explanation covered the situation, I thought.

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Anyone who would embrace that single finger emblem and actually use it to promote a business venture is an example of someone to steer clear of.

A good guy? A good guy would understand the low class tasteless image that portrays and you would expect better than that.

5window, tubman and trollst like this.
  16. I thought the web site was pretty interesting, thanks for the link. I also enjoy theHIGHLANDER’s posts, please keep them coming.

17. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Highlander explained it pretty well to me.Stand up guy on here.Has more skill and expertise than pretty much anyone on this site,and That is Saying A Lot.When he posts,I listen.

scotty t, upspirate, warbird1 and 3 others like this.
  18. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So I promote our "club" and it's site in my sig. What does that say? Without a Freudian examination required it might say I'm a member and supporter of that group. Truth be told my dear friend and I are almost 180 deg apart in some social outlooks, yet at the end of the day we're the best and closest of friends. If that's wrong to some I feel sorry for you. Anyone who's been to the Det Autorama in the basement knows EXACTLY what and who Singlefinger Speed Shop is. The day this life has social and political requirements I'll leave it with my hairy ass hanging out with an invitation to kiss it as I go.

If wearing my "Singlefinger Speed Shop C. C." jacket offends, suck it. I'm proud to be friends with all of "us" who declare ourselves as members. Anyone who decides not to buy any swag or other things from Larry's site that's fine. I don't see a gun to your heads to do so. Unlike one of our concrete rules in the HAMB community you can post political and social shit on his forums. Truth be told he's not even single digit percentage dedicated to it as our founder Ryan is to this place. It's all for fun and maybe sells a little swag to run itself. Fuckin eh, how horrible is that. It isn't. And if my association with those guys and gals means the rest of what I do here is off limits you're free to block me in your accounts. I looked in my stash and don't see any fucks to give if you do. Sad moment, and to all the rest I'm not going anywhere, not changing anything. I'm proud to be here as well as with my boys n gals at Singlefinger.

Edit: I changed my sig for a little clarification, and maybe some diaper rash salve as well;)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  19. So...a bunch of us fuckers join an internet group called"hokey ass message board"
    That clearly states :" Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to HOODLUMS around the world"

A HOODLUM by definition is :
    a person who engages in crime and violence; a hooligan or gangster.

Didnt think it was for snubby people who can easily be offended by a few dirty jokes,bad language or some imagery...

Yes kids do visit this place....

Do you think this is the nastiest place they seen online??

To the OP..
    I hope everything works out for u..

20. Good !

21. That's awesome brother! Stand for what you believe and never apologize for who you are :D I always say "behold the field where i grow my fucks.... note it's barren land" :D

22. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Once again, eloquently stated Jocko. Some pretty thin- skinned individuals out there.

Chainsaw chipper and loudbang like this.
  23. 5window

5window

Great personal creed,but I am still wondering where the OP's stuff is and why no contact is made? If you're going to take the man's money,send him the product!

Sent from my moto g(6) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lurker mick and upspirate like this.
  24. derbydad276

derbydad276

oh damn ...
    I can personally vouch for these fine upstanding (hoodlums )
    hell they took me in ...

Peter Nowak likes this.
  25. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

You can vouch for them but 24 days in and still no answers

26. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Yup, he's a good guy. I thought he was done with the tee-shirt gig, it's probably an oversight on his part.

27. 5window

5window

Wouldn't you reasonably expect other club members responding on this thread would make him aware of being called out? I could see overlooking an initial inquiry, but not repeatedly over this much time. More is going on here than just oversight. A proper response is needed, at least to the OP.

lurker mick and Peter Nowak like this.
  28. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm not so sure he's a good guy.

I had communicated with him a while back about having him source a number of different fittings to work with his Tech/AFX fuel lines (old school rubber hose look with modern fuel resistant hose) and we communicated back and forth a little.
    I needed to know what he could supply for fittings because that hose uses specialized type fittings.

I told him what all of my components were for my 3 Stromberg system and told him that I would place an order once he let me know a list of the fittings and price with hose.

He promised me that he would do so, then I never heard from him again.
    I e-mailed him several times as a reminder and heard nothing.

So once it came to plumbing the fuel system for my RPU I went a different direction and was left feeling glad that I had never actually ordered anything from him.

29. It’s unfortunate that Larry is unable to complete my order or to communicate anything other than a thanks we got your money.
    Sorry i have to escalate this to refund status.
    Hope he replies.

30. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER