Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB Shift Knob Charity Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brsturges, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Budget36

Budget36

2. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

This is amazing.

Rickybop and hotrodjack33 like this.
  3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Idea..and a Great Cause

OK folks, Lets ramp this up even farther

Whatever the high bid is, we will make a MATCHING DONATION to the American Kidney Fund.:D:D:D:D:D

OUR BACK STORY
    My wife of 37 years (Bonnie) is a victim of Chronic Kidney Disease and is at stage 4/5 kidney failure. She is only 61 years old. It is believed that her kidney damage is a result of chemotherapy she recieved 25 years ago for breast cancer. For the past 5 years we have managed to keep her off dialysis with suppliments, strict diet and Traditionl Chinese Medicines...we have been lucky, but it is a losing battle...and she will probably be needing dialysis by summer. bon.jpg
    The American Kidney Fund is a terrific organization. Thier mission is to help individuals on dialysis who need financial help. Dialysis is very expensive...$60,000-$80,000 per year. Over 95% of the AKF funds goes directly to real people in need.

Bonnie and I are fortunate, and between SSDI and our insurance, we will be alright...but many people in our situation are really struggling.

BID OFTEN, BID HIGH and we will make a matching donation to the AKF. I challenge you folks to make me pay a lot.

Jack & Bonnie Murphy
    (hotrodjack33)

brEad, whtbaron, Vanness and 13 others like this.
  4. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

This just keeps getting better. What an amazing gesture Jack. I love the HAMB!

hotrodjack33 and Rickybop like this.
  5. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I never thought that this would turn out like this, but I should have known the way the H.A.M.B. hotrodjack33, I thank you for your kindness, and wish your wife good luck.
    Tony

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Popped in to see if there was any more going on here.

Wow, you guys!

Gotta say once again... I truly believe that I'm hanging out with some of the best people that the good Lord ever designed and built.

9Manchu!!!
    I cannot think of a better way anybody has ever joined the HAMB. That was so cool LOL!
    Just awesome. Welcome.

And hotrodjack33...
    More awesomeness.
    God bless you.
    God bless you, Bonnie!

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jim snow, brsturges and hotrodjack33 like this.
  7. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Brad and Tony.
    Hey, you guys started it...it's all your fault:) What's a guy supposed to do ???...throw some money at the problem...isn't that what we do ?
    Seriously though, thanks for the kind words and thoughts They are very much appreciated. And I just want you guys to know what a pleasure it is to be involved in this auction, the charity involved is, of course, close to our hearts.:)

Incidently, our matching donation will be coming from my Wide Whitewall fund...but, for the greater good...the Cabriolet will drive just fine on it's blackwalls this summer:D

PS, Tony, do you have a reason (or story) as to why you picked the American Kidney Fund for your charity?

loudbang and brsturges like this.
  8. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

hotrodjack33,
    I always have a story. Mine started when I was around 4 years old, and my brother and sister pushed me out of our 15 ft high tree house. A couple of days later my kidney quit working, so they removed it, now im down to 1. It stopped me from sports in school, and I never got to go into the Marines, but other than that, I have had no problems yet with the one, but I do have to look at the future. I also like that 97% (that is the number I heard) of the donations go to the people from AKF. I know that a lot of other charities don't. I hope it all turns out well for you and your family.

When I first got brsturges request for a trade I wasn't sure about it, but then I figured I didn't need #32, and he did. Now that this has gotten this far I am really glad I did, ya just never know what people will do. I was going to run it up to $400, but 9Manchu beet me to it, and Thanks.
    Tony

wraymen, slim38, hotrodjack33 and 3 others like this.
  9. Wow I just checked my HAMB shift knob and it does not have a number???

10. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

Pic? Might be an earlier series.

11. I think it was one of the first offered. Never been used, Still in the original box. DSCN1171.JPG

Scooterville, brsturges and jim snow like this.
  12. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

Fuzzy, what a great charity auction that knob would make! Feeling inspired by all the good will here? ;)

Brad

hotrodjack33 and loudbang like this.
  13. Poparod

Poparod

hotrodjack33, LBCD and brsturges like this.
  14. 9Manchu

9Manchu

15. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

Less than 24 hours left, gentlemen. I feel like there still may be some bidding to do :D

16. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh Boy. Last Day ! We're coming right down to the wire...I feel the excitement in the air:D. Even the rest of our family is excited to see the outcome...
    ebay.jpg
    Well...maybe not THAT excited....

clem likes this.
  17. How much for the dead cat Jack?

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Lloyd, You're a genius...we can turn this into the "What appears to be a Deceased Cat Charity Auction:eek:. Probably won't be as successful as the Shift Knob auction...but who knows...:D

I'll start the bidding off with $0.18

brsturges likes this.
  19. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

Congratulations to @9Manchu for the winning bid of $600!!!

And thank you @hotrodjack33 for the amazing gesture of making a matching donation. Really amazing stuff.

Tony (@mcmopar), it’s really nice to see what your initial and unexpected act of kindness has spawned. I hope this kind of thing continues around here.

Thanks to everyone that bid. It means a lot that there were so many of you willing to put up big money for a good cause. I really never thought the bidding would get so high, but I am pleasantly surprised.

@9Manchu, private message me with proof of the donation and get me your address so I can ship this shift knob out to you. You’re gonna have one heck of a story to tell when people ask about it.

Brad

20. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOLY CRAP...$600 !!! Who would have thunk it?

Congratulations to @9Manchu , You're a WINNER...in more ways than one in my book.

Brad, @brsturges hats off to you for a great "thinking outside the box" way to pay it forward...and putting in the effort to make it all happen. You Da Man !!!

And Tony, @mcmopar thank you for your generosity that got the whole thing started...and for picking the AKF as your charity of choice.

I'd also like to give a thumbs up to Mike @Budget36 who sent me a PM offering an additional $50 to my matching donation (which I will also match):)

The #53 Hamb Shift Knob has now generated $1300 for the AKF https://www.kidneyfund.org/ and has to be the most valuable and prestigious Shift Knob in all the land:D:D:D:D:D

I will post my donation receipt later in the week.

Thanks Everyone.
    Jack & Bonnie Murphy @hotrodjack33

slim38, harpo1313, 48fordnut and 4 others like this.
  21. 9Manchu

9Manchu

I couldn't be more honored. Thank you!

If I bid on the cat does that mean I get paid to take it? This auction put a heluva dent in my coffee can. o_O

22. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For a couple of "new guys" we sure did good, didn't we ? (I'm reasonably new here too).

For some reason, the "cat auction" idea just didn't take off...probably because nobody wants their furniture scratched all to hell, or want cat hair on EVERY piece of clothing they own.:eek:

Dent in the funds ? Oh yeah. The Cabriolet doesn't look THAT bad with blackwalls:(

Congrats again:D

loudbang likes this.
  23. 9Manchu

9Manchu

Just tryin' to take some of the stigma out of being newb.

B Bay Barn, loudbang and hotrodjack33 like this.
  24. Wow!!! Now who wants to argue that car guys aren't the best? It's an honor to be part of this group, even if I'm new. Bunch of great guys and gals. That said, I'm gonna throw out a crisp $1 bid on the dead cat. Top that @hotrodjack33 :D

25. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well Lloyd, thanks for the extremely generous bid, but I'm afraid I must cancel the "Cat Auction"...as the cat has decided he's not dead. He finally did get up, had a bite to eat, took a dump next to the litter-box:mad: (instead of IN the litter-box) and then went outside...

Attached Files:

• turd.jpg
      turd.jpg
      File size:
      84.3 KB
      Views:
    loudbang likes this.
  26. Lmao! Ah that's awesome! Guess you know now how the cat feels about it.

loudbang and hotrodjack33 like this.
  27. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

This is a great community, and I never thought that it would turn out like this. I Thank everyone that got involved and we never know what we can do until we come together as one. This kinda sets the bar on charity auctions for shift knobs, and this time the AKF wins. At the end of the day lets remember that without the H.A.M.B. this wouldn't have happened.

Tony

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did I miss it?
    Did I miss my chance for the cat that won't poop in the box?

You guys are pretty neat.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  29. Budget36

Budget36

All cat kidding aside, I'd PM'ed HRjack to actually offset his donation, I had no idea/thought he was matching the 50 I sent him.

Thing is, I know of no one who has or is, affected by kidney issues, but what HRJ33 is doing really touched me.

Thing is we have a great site here that brings real time HotRods to life, we get to see the Masters build shit ...you all know who they are, and not only do they spend their time showing us what they are doing, they answer how the fuck they did it.

Can't get that from any old mag that I recall.

So then things like this pop up...what do we have here? We have a post about a HAMB'r appreciating another HAMB'r and the other HAMB'r says donate the money..

Ryan has to be proud of what he has here, I know he has to deal with a lot of shit to run this place, as do all the others that help him out, But wow, look what he has created?

I know I'm rambling off here, but if you can spare a few bucks week...give up a Starbucks, a fast food cheese burger, make your own, and then send that money to a worthy cause, do it.

I don't have spare $$ too often, but I'd worked some OT and HRJ33's post just said send it. The next spare $$ I have go back to Ryan to help with the site, and to be honest I'll have the Alliance sticker under my name, have the plaque but won't be able to use the discounts. But will feel I contributed.

Just a damned great site that I get to enjoy as well as all the posters on it.

30. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Below is our "matching" Donation to the American Kidney Fund.

I want to thank everyone who helped create and participated in this charity auction...especially @brsturges for starting all this, @9Manchu for his high bid, @mcmopar for his initial kindness and @Budget36 for kicking some $...just out of the goodness of his heart.

And of course, a BIG thanks to Ryan for allowing us to do this, and for keeping the thread "sticky".

I'll tell ya, the guys & gals in this HAMB community are the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I tried downloading this into a file and posting it, but the HAMB kept giving me an error message, so I had to just copy/paste it.

<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-KN3TXK" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe>

Thank you for your generous gift of $700.00 on 2/13/20 to the American Kidney Fund.

We are grateful to have you at our side in our fight against kidney disease. It is with your help that we are able to provide grants to dialysis patients that give them access to lifesaving medical treatment. We help 1 out of every 5 dialysis patients in the United States — more than any other nonprofit organization serving kidney patients.

But our fight does not stop there. We conduct public awareness and education campaigns about risk factors for kidney disease that reach millions nationwide. Last year, we provided free kidney health screenings in 23 cities in the U.S. for people at high risk for kidney disease.

Charity Navigator has not only given AKF a 4-Star rating for the past 17 consecutive years, but they have also placed us on their Top 10 list of charities to receive the most consecutive 4-Star ratings. AKF is the only health nonprofit included in Charity Navigator's list of the top 10 charities with the most consecutive 4-Star ratings.

We want to hear from our generous donors! What's your reason for giving?

You can make your gift go further with Corporate Gift Matching. Learn more about it here.
    Thank you again for your generosity and continued support.

You may print the following payment information for your records. We will also send you email confirmation of your gift.

IRS regulations require the American Kidney Fund to state that we did not provide any goods or services in consideration of your contribution. The total amount of your gift is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.

Your gift on 2/13/20 is greatly appreciated; details below.

Transaction Summary
    Transaction Date:

2/13/20

How much would you like to give?

Donor Entered Amount

$700.00

Payment Information
    Payment type:

[​IMG]

Billing Information
    Billing Title:

Jack Murphy

54 Willette Pk Rd

Chenango Forks

NY

United States

Email Address:

[email protected]

What is your connection to kidney disease?
    Remember me:

Yes

Communication opt-in:

Yes

Total Gift Amount:

$700.00

Tax-deductible Amount:

$700.00

This organization's tax ID is:

23-7124261

Tracking Code:

1946-4082-1-335487-409294

Return to our Home Page

[​IMG]
    Your support is more than a donation, it is an investment in the lives of children and adults struggling with kidney disease.

We are the nation's leading nonprofit working on behalf of 30 million Americans with kidney disease. We rely on donations from people like you to ensure kidney patients have the care they need.

97 cents of every dollar
    you give goes directly to
    our patients and programs

[​IMG]
    Join our email list.

Spam Control Text: Please leave this field empty
    Stay connected
    Kidney Disease
    Kidney Transplants
    Financial Assistance
    Education & Research
    Advocacy
    Get Involved
    Newsroom
    © 2020 American Kidney Fund, Inc. All rights reserved.
    The American Kidney Fund is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. EIN: 23-7124261.
    11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 300, Rockville, MD 20852 | 800-638-8299

Designed and Developed by Firefly Partners

chryslerfan55, brEad, clem and 6 others like this.