Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress on Rocky's 34 coupe..last update 9/30/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Have you seen my belly lately? Cheese frenchies probably won't help...and yes I need to make an effort to get to a few in 2020.

loudbang likes this.
  2. I drove my coupe up to and including Christmas day. On the 27th I put it up on stands to address a list of repairs/modifications I plan to fix. Yanked the grill and cleaned 2 summers worth of bugs out of the radiator, spot painted all the exposed surfaces that didn't get covered spring of '18. I installed the lower pan on the grill shell and bolted a small horn on it's backside. Tossing around the idea of installing the grill emblems while I have the grill off the car. I have a repro, chrome V/8 emblem and a red enameled "Ford" emblem for the top of the shell. Originals were Ford blue but a buddy from Sweden sent me a red one from a European Ford. I may include it when I put the grill back in the car..I dunno 34onstands.jpg 34onstands_2020.jpg

3. This is my back-up grill....I installed the emblems on it to see 33grille1.jpg if I liked them.

4. I like the idea of the red emblem, I picked one up at Dennis Carpenters, this one is designed for a 48 to 52 Ford tractor. HRP

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71, loudbang and brEad like this.
  5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

LOVE red ford stuff

6. In making my decision to run or not run the genuine European red Ford oval grill emblem , I checked online to see if anybody is re-popping this thing and presto! There it is on ebay. Made by Vintique for a paltry 26 bucks! Nobody but me will know the emblem on my car is a gennie, traditional 1933 English ford part made by the J Fray company of Birmingham, England...says so right on the back!
    Am I obsessing over some worthless shit that doesn't make a difference? Hell no! My part is a real, live Ford part, commissioned by Henry Ford hisself to have the King of England cruise over to Jimmy Fray's shop [in B'ham, as it says on the back] and insist he make this red emblem just for ol' Rocky's 34 ford with a 33 front clip.
    Now, all you HAMBers know my emblem is the real shit, not some cheesy knock-off.... 34redemblem.jpg 34redemblemback.jpg 34redemblemknockoff.jpg

kidcampbell71, Tman, abe lugo and 8 others like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Neato...Vivid Red and full of Spirit

loudbang likes this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

lol

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

Well we here on the HAMB already know anyone named after a Squirrel on TV that doesn't eat cheese so he can't be cheesy. :rolleyes:

10. I’ll bet there is a Chinaman working on that exact emblem right now ,,,getting the words just right on the forgery,,,,,LoL.

Just kidding,,,,,,it’s a beautiful emblem,,,,,I like it .

Tommy

King ford and loudbang like this.
  11. Went with the red emblem but decided not to use the chrome V/8 emblem....too busy.
    Now, maybe I can go on to more important stuff---like those American Racing wheels!
    34grillredemblem.jpg

12. Holy shit! I asked 'The Moose" to photoshop my car in black....I'm astounded! I totally love it! I think I need to huddle with my buddy, Jimmy to see if he wants to do this paint. Meanwhile I got the grille back on the car. 34black.jpg 34blackamericans.jpg

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...that's mighty inspirationaly tempting...great work @themoose, @Rocky if that doesn't get the Ole paint gun shakin' nothing will...;)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Oh fuck yes!

15. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

16. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

With the Torq Thrusts and the red pin stripe looks so good how could you not follow thru with it?

OFT and loudbang like this.
  17. Yeah, how could I not $$$$$ follow through? The Moose is gonna break me yet.

18. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Looks awesome!

loudbang likes this.
  19. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Please don't mess with perfection. Spend the money to start another project. Paint and wheels really make this car. The stance is perfect. No other car makes those wheels look that good. Everyone has black and torq thrust. The mona lisa don't need no update.

20. Wow! That's nice to hear but like most guys, the project is always evolving. I wouldn't get too worried tho. I'm a pensioner/social security recipient, home owner and got a piddly little part time job. I be poor. Costs mucho $$$ for paint.

kidcampbell71, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  21. Gotta admit the black paint works! HRP

22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Rocky, best 34 I've ever seen period. Great job. It just has that look. That look you just can't put your finger on. Stance wheels and tires, it just has THAT look. Great car. :cool: Lippy

loudbang likes this.
  23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

You paint it and the Pinstriping is on me. I’ll drive my guy up or you can show up a little early on your way to the drags :)

24. That's a nice offer, Tim. Right now, there is a little plastic work done on the top of the grill and no more anywhere. Just bare welds under that urethane primer. It's gonna take a bunch-a-bodywork before paint and I don't do body work.......or paint except the gray primer on the car now. But I do have a call in to the guy who did the rough-in work on the body and he's a dynamite painter and body man.

loudbang, Stogy, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Weirder shit has happened lol

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  26. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Looks good black.

loudbang likes this.
  27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude, you have an actual ATM machine in your damn driveway in that pic!! You can afford paint.

-Brent-, razoo lew, Tman and 4 others like this.
  28. kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  29. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

First National Bank of Rocky!

30. If Jimmy does not want to paint it I bet we could trow a good ol HAMBBQ and paint party!?

loudbang, 31hotrodguy, Tim and 2 others like this.