Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are you drawn to same color car ??

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 1morecarIpromise!, Jan 22, 2020.

1. I saw on net a singer with his 4 or 5 car stable ALL THE SAME COLOR ! In this case they were each chrome yellow.
    Reminded me of a fellow in Red Deer Alberta I bought two 1956 Chevs from. He was trying to collect one of each model 1956 Chevs that were two-tone Crocus Yellow and Laurel Green.
    I also recall a couple with 2 identical 1965 GTOs in a butternut yellow.

SO WHAT COLOR TURNS YOUR CRANK? And would you want more than one vehicle in same color?

1 more car I promise, Rex Winter
    Dry n windy Lubbock TX

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I like bright yellow, like Corvette yellow, and yes, I had a couple of cars the same color yellow at the same time. I also like black and some shades of blue.

1morecarIpromise! likes this.
  3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3 black ones at the same time...once. 6 red pickups, one right now.

4. Different cars bring off different colors. Color choice is a very important decision and should be made with serious consideration. If you are going for a period look car you need a "period" color choice. On a more personal level, I used to be a Blue guy, but in recent years I've been gravitating more towards some of the fabulous Greens. Weird, I know.:)

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I like black. I've had several black cars... @lothiandon1940 Ford is perfect! Subtle in a dark kinda way.

6. ,...........Thanks, man. I guess I'm a dark kinda guy.:D;) 2013-10-22 13.06.14 (1).jpg

7. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

My hot rod, Harleys, and daily drver are black,

8. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

At car shows, I always go to the orange ones, regardless of type or year model, although I've yet to own an orange vehicle.

9. I'm drawn to black and white. On a bad day, the black and whites are drawn to me.

BigO and 1morecarIpromise! like this.
  10. Dang funny ! Great sense of humor.
    Black n white instantly brought to my mind an iconic black 57 Chev 150 with white insert on quarter panels.

Dry n windy Lubbock TX

chevy57dude likes this.
  11. The Rolling Stones said it best ~ "Paint it Black". HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black is the darkest color, the result of the absence or complete absorption of visible light. It is an achromatic color, a color without hue, like white and gray. It is often used symbolically or figuratively to represent darkness, while white represents light.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  12. NO, Rust is my favorite color. But I do like them all. Blue Vette, Black 29 coupe, Red 34 delivery, White Bonneville, Black 30 sedan, Vanilla PT, Turquoise and white Nomad. I had a yellow 37 Dodge too . So yeah the whole rainbow. lol Ron....... 20160126_042705.jpg 20160126_043101.jpg

13. NICE stable you have there. When you said "RUST" is your favorite color it reminded me how attracted to primer my son is.

Dry n windy Lubbock TX

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  14. I did not plan it, but BOTH of my 1931 Dodge Brothers coupes were ordered with identical choices. Both were ordered as "Marquette Blue" with "Black" reveal , "Ivory" pin striping and wire wheels. Since it was during the Great Depression, the company used whatever was available, so they BOTH came with wood spokes! One is now back to the "as ordered" configuration (except for the pin striping). The other will remain with wood spokes. 1467489_10201964512253365_1450239591_n.jpg 576b0518de4c3_stuff222.jpg.323a58be7655e4354ff2e57b23d43b52.jpg

15. Looks awesome! Quite the coincidence that they are same colors. How many choices did original buyers have for Dodge coupe in 1931?

Dry n windy Lubbock TX

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. I find myself in agreement with LothianDon1940. The car has a lot to do with the color choice.
    I own a 1959 Cadillac limousine that previous owner painted a medium blue and I hope to return to traditional black. On the other hand I own a factory pink (wood rose) 1959 Cadillac Coupe de Ville and when I had a chance bought a similar pink Imperial.
    More HAMB friendly I have a 1934 Ford five window fenderless hemi powered coupe I envision chopped n baby blue with white tuck n roll interior.

Dry n windy Lubbock TX

BigO and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Here are the color choices for the 1931 Dodge....https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/pages/1931-Dodge.html

18. Thanks 31Dodger.
    With 10 different colors and 13 factory color combinations available it is even more amazing both your 31 Dodge coupes came from factory same color combination.
    BTW how appealing is the color "gopher"? Lol

Dry n windy Lubbock TX

19. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

BLACK, my high school gto was black it’s still my favorite. I have 4 black cars right now.

20. I like dark colors and while building a car I go through the "what color" phase and when I finally decide on a color I go to the paint store and somehow come home with BLUE, not the intended color, so now when someone ask "what color you gonna paint it?" I say " what ever color I walk out of the paint store with." BigO

21. BigO, that honesty is hilarious !

Dry n windy Lubbock TX

lothiandon1940 and BigO like this.
  23. I think Bill Gruendeman has exactly what I was thinking of with the question "are you drawn to the same color car?"
    Bill, any chance of a picture of all those black cars together ( or separate)?

Dry n windy Lubbock TX

24. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Mid nite blue, the color of my second car, you know the ones we can’t talk about, with 289 cubes and 271 horsepower! That’s kinda why I bought this 1965 model car! 7F52CCAE-082E-4CD6-B5E7-111CB10BC6B6.jpeg

25. Strangely, whenever I attend a show I am attracted to the unpainted (or work in progress) ones.
    I dunno, lots more to dream about I guess...

26. Simplestone you n my Son sound alike. I think his favorite color is primer!

Dry n windy Lubbock TX