Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Plasma cutter caddy, any others

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sloppy jalopies, Jan 22, 2020.

1. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

pic of mine... guys have any ideas ? caddy 1.JPG

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  2. woodscaper

woodscaper

Try the GarageJournal.

3. I mounted mine on top of my welder.

Terrible80 likes this.
  4. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

deemed this post not right for this site but couldn't delete...

5. What is wrong with it? Are plasma cutters too new for hot rodders?

Bandit Billy likes this.
  6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I bought a roller cabinet from Harbor Freight for my MIG welder. It has some drawers in it too, I can’t see why this wouldn’t work for your plasma cutter too

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think he meant the HAMB is a place for "tools" but not tools. :cool:

seb fontana likes this.
  8. oldfordtin

oldfordtin

I use a small mig cart for mine, it has a lower shelf for the accessories

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have to clarify if you are looking for ideas for a cart for it or ideas for a stand to set the torch on.
    I bought an HF welder cart on one of their sales for mine. just about as cheap as buying the materials and making one. My mig is on one of those this way or that way hand trucks that I modified into a cart for it and I think I have as much tied up in it as the HF one.
    One of those two drawer heavy duty file cabinets you often find for a few bucks at Habitat stores and one of the under 10 bucks furniture dollys from HF and a few feet of light angle iron would make a decent stand for plasma or welder with two big drawers for your stuff that goes with it. You would have to make a bottle rack for it but for the welder it sure would be nice to be able to put your helmet away.

10. fuzzface

fuzzface

I brought quite a few things at auction from a closed down Wi. run facility years ago. One of those items was a brand new Rubbermaid janitor cart. I got it dirt cheap.

I put my plasma cutter on the top part and put my Freon reclaimer on the bottom shelf and have the middle shelf for stuff related to both and the edges that hold like brooms and mops hold my cords and plasma gun nicely.

I know it isn't metal and it was just a temporary thing to do to get them off my floor while trying to make room while cleaning up and was always going to make a nice metal cart but hey it has been 10 years so far and my $10 Rubbermaid cart still looks good so I didn't rush into it.

11. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

At work we just mounted our hypertherm plasma cutter on an old pressure washer frame. It was the right size nice wheels on it and already set up to hang hose and accessories on it. Works well.

12. vintage6t

vintage6t
    from CT

I put mine on a old techtronix oscilloscope cart that I picked up at an auction many years ago. It's basically this same cart. 500-Scope-Cart.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. mutant55

mutant55

I like the Vulcan brand at Harbor Freight, they have a large one that will carry 3 pieces of equipment, 2 welders and a plasma?? has lots of drawers for consumables, and a big door to store your helmet in, and holds 2 tanks too in case you need different gasses.

14. You could mount it under a table
    Chappy
    Screenshot_20200123-185545_Gallery.jpg

15. Willywash

Willywash

Harbor Freight has a great one! On wheels and has good handle to roll around. I have two, one for wire welder and one for plasma.

16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

No not to me. I don't know when plasma cutters were made public? Its probably about the caddy for one. Just guessing.

17. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

o_O:D;)

18. Budget36

Budget36

Old bed frame, little welding a 3 castors should get it rolling around the shop. Left over frame can make whatever you need to wrap your hoses around/etc.

19. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Had almost 100 looks and not 1 comment, figured there was no interest or anyone building there own plasma caddy... [steal ideas].
    so I tried to delete the thread but it would not give me the option... I changed the title and text hoping for less about mine and more about your carts...
    originally thought I would see a dozen "carts" but not even a word...

20. krbstr

krbstr

IMG_4195.JPG View attachment 4553012
    Home made cart that holds my plasma and small mig machine with room for a bottle on back

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

21. krbstr

krbstr

IMG_4197.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

22. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

yup... good one...
    hangers for everything so the hoses/cables don't lay on the floor and get melted by something hot rolling up against them...

23. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found this cart in the dumpster when we took possession of our house. The price was right. The wheel was left from a junk Vega. It has drawers for extra stuff too:) IMG_2563.JPG

24. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

You all are more creative than me. I went the Harbor Freight route. Red cart with one drawer for storing parts for the torch. Easy to push or pull around. And since I did not have to build it, gave me more time to sit by the computer and tell others how to do things. ;)

25. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

My brother is a tool...

Bandit Billy likes this.
  26. aaggie

aaggie

I have a 30 AMP Hypertherm and it isn't much bigger than a lunchbox. The hose and cord coil up around the handle and it sits on the shelf until I need to use it. I doubt that it weighs over twenty pounds and carries by the handle on top. It is limited to about 3/8" thick steel but more than adequate for my car stuff. I bought it ten years ago and I rarely use the cutting torch other than to heat up a frozen fastener. Tool rules apply, buy the best you can and take care of it.

27. j hansen

j hansen

I just screwed them on each other.MIG,TIG, Plasma. And a hanger. Skärmavbild 2020-01-24 kl. 16.01.32.png

Bandit Billy likes this.
  28. bct

bct

I built one as simple as you could imagine. Too top heavy. Not sure of a solution.