Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another Crackheads list find...47 Packard 2dr

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JNKYARDDOG_1, Jan 19, 2020.

1. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After this and the '42 Buick yesterday, I'm almost glad I'm too old, too poor, and too far away.

3. fuzzface

fuzzface

like his size description. LOOOONG

chryslerfan55 likes this.

4. Gone already....

did get a screen shot tho...

packard.jpg

anothercarguy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That bullshit where you don't think you are a "coolguy" unless you tag the place you found the add with a derogatory name.

Chrisbcritter, wvenfield and Hnstray like this.
  7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Has the correct amount of doors though

8. 62rebel

62rebel

Ex-boss has a 50 four door body with no engine or transmission, asking 5.5k.... makes me wonder why the engine is gone.

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Denny, I couldn't have said it better..........the '41/'47 Clippers are a long time favorite of mine and a two door is, as far as I know, pretty damn rare.

Ray

10. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Mr. 48 is that what "crackhead" means. I lived in Flagstaff from 80 to 85 and found this 41 Caddy sedan. It had a 429 Caddy with a rod knock and 400 TH I swapped out the motor for another and drove it around the block once. Guy I got it from had a 41 Cad conv. and swapped the front sheetmetal and rear fenders. No rot just lumpy and pitted. Wound up selling it when I moved back to NY. I went for a visit a few years later and couldn't find the car. Sold it for around $1600. in 85.

Pat

Attached Files:

11. fuzzface

fuzzface

There are people out there that think whenever anyone sells anything cheap they need the money for more crack so they are called crackheads. Scrapper get called this too. I hear it off and on with my long hair and beard in my scrapping truck.

some people don't realize that not everybody knows the going price of everything even in old cars. I know a lady that thought all my old cars were worth about $50 each and couldn't understand me. I was brought up one day at the bar and she found out from others how much some of them were worth and what I have turned down. she had no clue. They were outdated old cars to her. But she has no problems spending $100's on concert tickets. .

People should be happy that not everyone price their old cars according to bj or mecum auction prices.
    Some people are happy to get rid of their inheritance at a cheap price just to get the garage empty so they can sell the property.

12. BJR

BJR

I thought he just replaced "Craigslist" with "crackheads list" to be funny.

flatford39 and nochop like this.
  13. Budget36

Budget36

This.

chryslerfan55 and flatford39 like this.
  14. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ray, remember I said "Almost".

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.
  15. [​IMG]
    Just say no to crack....

16. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I got that.....but overall, your comment mirrors my own 'stage of life' perception.......not 'done for.....yet'...but a bit more restrained in the face of reality......;)

Ray

tubman and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ray, you certainly have a way with words; "'stage of life' perception". I think that reflects upon a lot of us.

Hnstray likes this.
  18. 62rebel

62rebel

The 50 sedan I mentioned... I had the idea of stuffing a Jag 6 cylinder in it, but the purchase price for the shell was way out of my budget..... maybe if it were only 2k

19. Yes CRACKHEAD a meth addict
    Lots of ads on are from them so they can get there next fix.

Or they try to get stuff from you at sto0pid low prices living in there pipe dreams.

crackhead
    People of any race that live to hit that nasty-ass rock. Usually real thin, dirty and smell like warm trash and/or spoiled milk, fecal matter, rotting corpses etc. Frequently bobbing, weaving, twitching and glitching. Large periodic spurts of energy. Always got something for sale or knows somebody that has just what you need. The most severe crackheads can be viewed in the wild missing standard items such as shoes, socks and teeth. If you come into contact with a crackhead it is suggested to secure all valuables and avoid any physical contact or direct contact with their breath (could cause dizzyness and/or vomitting). If you lose property to a crackhead, accept the loss. If you find yourself chasing a crackhead, accept the loss .. crackheads are fast, they be gittin somewheres.. You ain't catching no crackhead...
    that guy couldn't stay still for a second, fckn crackhead..
    that guy radiated a heavy shit smell, fckn crackhead..

Deuces, Hnstray and 427 sleeper like this.
  20. rudestude

rudestude

WTF....you got to be looking in a mirror picking yourself to be coming up with this shit....I thought this was something to do with Packards and if your so against Craigslist then what were you on it for anyways...the way your talking shit doesn't that mean that since you were on there looking at stuff couldn't there be the chance that if you were to buy something you would be enabling the people your talking about...

Sent from my SM-J737V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. RRanchero Rick

RRanchero Rick

Never knew how many crackheads were out there until I posted my truck for sale on C list. One guy asked, "Will you take payments," I said "Yes, ONE!"

Sandgroper and Deuces like this.
  22. 1st. Never done the shit never will.
    2nd. Yes the ad was for a Packard FOR SALE READ ABOVE !
    3rd.YES I look at the ads everyday trying to find parts for my build, If the seller sounds legit you buy it,
    if they sound like there bouncing off the walls and living in a pipe dream RUN FAST.
    Now if you cant tell the difference from talking shit and posting a definition you let go of the pipe and get ahold of reality.

Hnstray likes this.
  23. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Still don`t understand why you used the term. The garage where the poster had the Packard park is no crackhead. It is cleaner and more organized than most peoples garages on the HAMB. Do you personally know a crackhead by there .name and can have a conversation with when you see them. If not, you don`t understand the shit they deal with. It`s an uncontrollable and deadly habit that affects everybody around them. Don`t use the term loosely.

VANDENPLAS and rudestude like this.
  24. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

@rudestude and @stanlow69

I do not understand the sympathy expressed for Meth users. They are in that mess because they made the decision to be a user....in spite of the overwhelming public information about the known risks and behavioral outcome..

Personally, I have a lot more sympathy for people who are afflicted by terrible diseases over which they had no hand in causing.

Ray

25. rudestude

rudestude

I understand what your saying, I just don't understand why your getting so bent out of shape about it ...so you think everyone on craigslist is a crackhead..fine if thats your opinion you have a right to it..
    It just seems that for that much rage on the subject, that was brought up by no one else but you in the first place , there has got to be a problem that is deeper and more personal to you with "them" that is your problem and has no place here... my opinion....
    I also don't do it but I do know that the correct definition of a Crackhead is someone that is addicted to "Crack Cocaine" not Meth...that would be a Methhead , Tweeker ,etc.
    Also to answer Hnstray I don't have any sympathy toward them ..but I will say that addiction is a disease and can be treated like any other....only if you want to be..
    It doesn't make a difference to me if its a methhead , crackhead , or any other low life they all get treated the same if they come sneeking, thieving, tweeking ,geeking or what ever around my place in the night I will treat them equally....and it will not be in a sympathetic manner.
    Ok back to Hot Rods...

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thor1 likes this.
  26. Budget36

Budget36

Geez, it's just a play on words.

Football-Oakland Traitors, LA Lambs...etc

Time for some to switch to DeCaf

JNKYARDDOG_1 and NWRustyJunk like this.
  27. Now I feel funny about the fake torque thrusts I just bought on CL

Hnstray and rudestude like this.