Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 62rebel

62rebel

Eliminated a couple of distractions today by going and looking over a few potential projects.... yep, even though I have a project near driving, I am always looking for others. Good thing they were rough as cobs.

Pasqualy and bobss396 like this.
  2. choptop40

choptop40

Been working 40 days in a row....cars are on hod till it warms up here..getting this floor level.. 3D2C8849-359E-4F78-8E2A-F372DD7E8F93.jpeg

3. 63unibodyfan

63unibodyfan

Hung out at work paintshop getting truck painted[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Latigo, ZZ Top Chop, Paul and 22 others like this.
  4. Spectramaster green?

mgtstumpy and esrbuilders like this.
  5. Got the wife and stepdaughter at Great Wolf Lodge in Cincinnati for the weekend, birthday celebration :D if i don't make it back, the keys are in my wagon, take good care of it :rolleyes:

6. 63unibodyfan

63unibodyfan

Was going for the mint green look , work at body shop . That’s what painter picked

7. I'm building a 65 C10 for a customer, looks like the same color. It's called spectramaster. Single stage

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. 63unibodyfan

63unibodyfan

Was going for the mint green

9. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Framed up a hidden climate controlled room for guns/safes. Some things are just better out of view.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  10. lilmann

lilmann

Great wolf lodge is a blast....for kids.....that’s why the also sell booze for grown up kids!

Lil32 likes this.
  11. Exactly :D

12. thegreenbuzzer

thegreenbuzzer
    from Knoxville

D1E131A4-96E0-4600-91C0-1D1C188AD6E9.jpeg Another Tennessee turd floater (rained like a sum bitch) for the umpteenth time in last 3 months so built this out of scrap. Froze ass off outside on the porch.

13. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

Thanks, will do

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

saltflats likes this.
  14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there any HAMBers near Owingssville that could grab that wagon until I can get down there ? He probably won't be coming back...and I know he would want me to have it...honest;)

16. clem

clem

Finished up some templates for glass, and then started taking 3” out of some ‘32 garnish mouldings that have been in storage for between 4 and 5 decades................possibly longer

102AFF7F-69FC-4E7A-9B99-2E8417BCF8A3.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Lil32 and osage orange like this.
  17. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Well since I've retired I've some time on my hands and now happy to say that I had an interview the other day at the US Consulate {Interstate} and now have a 5yr US tourist visa. :D I started spring cleaning the house and garage and packing everything up as well as disposing of lots of memories that I've held onto for many years, still keeping some sentimental family items and others from my 40yr working career. My cars, tools, furniture etc are going into storage during my time away, lots of driving and sightseeing planned. I'll be renting the house out whilst away however I'm still working on my itinerary {Lots of cars things to cram into schedule} and sourcing a suitable OT RV for my time over there. I'll do it now whilst I'm still able to enjoy myself.

Latigo, fauj, Lil32 and 8 others like this.
  18. If you should get near here, contact me. Coffee and donuts on me.

Ben

mgtstumpy and Lil32 like this.
  19. Cold in the garage but got the Ford elevated, good news the starter is good but jumper wire on GM solenoid is broken.

20. Good for you Stumpy! If you get to the "right coast" and near Hemmings Motor News give me a shout.

21. Finished the vise stand. Couple of small details and I'm ready to start pounding on it[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

22. 62rebel

62rebel

Stumpy, since you're coming over here, can I go over and house sit for you?

23. trollst

trollst

Lit the stove in the shop, went into the pole barn where my roadster sits, a few days back I checked on it just before the horrific cold snap we had, battery was totally dead, traced it to the brake light switch, looks like it shorted out inside. Unhooked it, charged the battery and brought it to life today, first start all winter, runs like a raped ape. Unfortunately there's several feet of snow behind it, so its locked in there for another couple months, so, filled my tractor with gas and plowed some more, my 41 dodge project is just about ready to leave, so I'll clean my shop up, dig my roadster out and remove the four cyl, and try to install a 283, just for fun. Big job digging my roadster out though.

24. Lil32

Lil32

Best of luck Stumpy
    may see you over there some time
    we go again April/May
    Noel

mgtstumpy likes this.
  25. I had a Jet brand air pressure regulator and it came with a sheet metal mounting bracket and a plastic nut to hold it. Needless to say that didn't last long so I broke down and fabbed one out of 3/16 steel plate that I had. Also got rid of the plastic nut and used 4 through bolts to hold it. Now it's over built and solid!
    20200105_142643.jpg
    20200105_142625.jpg
    20200105_142717.jpg
    20200105_144900.jpg

saltflats and harley jim like this.
  26. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Too cold to actually do anything in the garage, but I did test this stuff

[​IMG]

and found that it really does work. Last time I was working in the garage, I couldn’t see anything because the view through the welding helmet would fog as soon as I put it down. Same with the face shield I use for grinding.

[​IMG]

A few drops of this stuff, and even heavy open mouth breathing doesn’t fog the view now. Amazing stuff.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Max Gearhead and Jalopy Joker like this.
  27. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Not heading over until mid year at this stage, so much to do around here before I rent house out. Plus I need to find my elusive transport (Sportmobile) so I've something to live in ;)

Lil32 likes this.
  28. Not over built. Built to last a lifetime.
    I hate going back and doing it again

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

fauj likes this.
  29. thegreenbuzzer

thegreenbuzzer
    from Knoxville

30. RT468

RT468

Spent a couple of hours out in the driveway attempting to get a 389 shortblock apart. No room in the garage. Managed to get 1 rod and piston out. Had gotten most of rust out of the cylinders but still can't get it to turn over. Put an extension pipe over the breaker bar and managed to only strip out the crank socket. Not sure if the block is salvageable anyway. Gonna give it a little more effort before I give up. I'm not big on numbers type builds but hate to lose a block that codes out as a 325hp engine ,not like they're still being made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.