Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical PLEASE help me find these upholstery buttons!!! Chrome!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by VA HAMB, Jan 17, 2020.

1. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

I have searched the world over for these! I found some in England (Mirror Screws) but the stud is not long enough. These were in my interior originally but i redid the interior about 15 years ago and I cannot find the buttons! I saved them but I moved and now they are lost. I have ONE! Not sure if these are even upholstery items? Anyone know where I can get these? I want to do the interior back the way it was! Thanks in advance! VA HAMB

IMG_20200117_064815-tile.jpg 69 & Back 051.jpg

2. AndersF

AndersF

Looks like the covers we could buy here in Sweden to cover antennaholes with.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

I found these but I want a little bigger. At least an inch and I don't need 100 of them. Cant find one like this anywhere! It's crazy!

kjj.JPG

4. If the English ones you found were the same other than the stud; would it be possible to use the female half of an aluminum binding post to secure them; kinda like a '32 garnish molding sleeve nut.

5. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Not sure what that is. I'll look it up thanks

6. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Well yea I could but the damn thread is a 5BA. I've tried to find something like that without any luck.

7. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Those buttons from the Amazon link are cool, but. $3.16/each? That is stupid, in bulk no less.

What about the leathercraft area? I believe they have all kinds of stud type adornments.

8. Check with a saddlery shop. Those look like the buttons that hold those straps and fringes of leather adornment to show saddles. Just a thought, 'cause I don't know a damn thing about horses or saddles for that matter.

9. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Yeah they're called "Conchos" Actually they are a lot more fancy and a lot cheaper. I may go that route soon if i come up empty. Of course as soon as I buy them I'll find the old ones.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you thought about stopping by an upholstery shop and asking them about those buttons? Have a buddy who does boat interiors and he has catalogs for all kinds of weird upholstery shit.

lothiandon1940, Just Gary and VA HAMB like this.
  11. Truckcab79

Truckcab79

Hi.

After years of lurking I’ve just joined so that I can answer this! Hi all!

Search ‘buttons to cover with fabric’. You’ll find loads of size options and they’re cheap as chips. They are exactly what they sound like. Blank metal buttons that you cover with fabric for upholstery. You just need to use them without covering them. The rear will have a sewing eye on them rather than a thread but you just tie that to strong thread and take it through the hole in your backing board and tie it off.

12. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Thanks, I'll look! Welcome to the HAMB :)

13. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome Truckcab79!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  14. Truckcab79

Truckcab79

Thank you. I won’t do an intro as my ‘hobby car’ history isn’t really OT. A mini. A 1962 A60 Cambridge which I dechromed, dropped 4 inches and redid the interior on but had to sell before it got painted, a 1986 Z28 Camaro and currently a 1979 Land Rover series 3 which will shortly receive a Rover V8 that I’ve been slowly building over the last 4 or 5 years!

Love the builds on the forum nonetheless. Hot Rods and Customs are where my heart is even though owning one is still a pipe dream at the moment.

kidcampbell71 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  15. Truckcab79

Truckcab79

A6254EDC-4F58-4098-9839-50A8E5DC3AC0.png

This is UK eBay but I’m sure they’re available the world over.

That lowest price is for 5 so pretty cheap even if you had to get them from over here.